Quit penalties in ranked

My God I’m so sick of these quitters!! Seriously. Something needs to be done. Something more than a soft ban from ranked. At this point IDC of it drives the player base down some. These little ■■■■■ ■■■ children don’t need to be playing these modes of they’re gunna quit. It instantly just throws your team in the ■■■■. There needs to be something like a 3 strike policy and your ■■■ can’t play ranked for a week. Then if it persists a month. Cuz this is seriously affecting the game in a huge way.

2 Likes

I understand your point , but realize that some people may quit or be afk bc of their children. Well I don’t quit but sometimes my children need me and I got to go to them. I am not saying don’t penalize you definitely need to but just have some understanding, not all of them are probably kids

1 Like

Well then you shouldn’t play ranked if you need to tend to your kids. Cuz your ■■■■■■■ up peoples ranked matches. You can’t commit to your 15 minute match then go-to arcade. I’m sick of this ■■■■. Rank used to be enjoyable.

7 Likes

Obviously your not a parent of course I can commit to 15 mins but if something happens I got to go see. I am always with my kids ! So by your logic I can’t play ranked bc I have kids , get a understanding. And usually I’m only got 30s-1:00 min. And i bet that’s why there is afkers bc this is an adult game

TC stated in their podcast that harsher punishment is coming in the form of ‘community service’. Basically, if you quit a ranked game, you are then required to play quickplay matches and win the matches in order to undo you ban and if you continue to do it in the future, your community service increases going forward on the next offense…

I believe they said it was coming in Operation 2?.. I really hope, because yes, I’m also tired of people constantly leaving or going AFK. I’d even venture to say this game has one of the worst communities I’ve seen in terms of people leaving the match / not being at the keyboard.

5 Likes

I actually do have kids. 3 kids. And I know when ill be able to play and when I might not. I don’t commit to match that I’m not goin to be able to finish. I’ve yet to quit a game since I started playing gears MP on gears 3. That’s when I’ll play quick play or something that can be filled with a replacement if I have to step away or leave.

And God I really hope that your right Fragmented Wolf, They need to implement something. It has alot to do with being on game pass and pushing out to all these new player bases TC speaks of. Which I’m all for expansion of the community. But on the same breath I hate how ■■■■■■ the community is becoming, with all the trolls and afks in horde and the quitters in ranked. It makes playing with randoms a nightmare.

7 Likes

Also, make sure to cast your vote on what should happen to quitter’s rank here… Punish the ■■■■■■■■ lmao (This is a dev’s tweet, so your vote will be looked at)

2 Likes

The only way is adding a “Console hardware ban” instead of profile ban. So if they quit a KoTH match they can’t play gears the next 30 minutes

2 Likes

They have no clue what they are doing. They are not understanding what the real problem is.

Some of their ideas tell me that they are clueless.

None of their current ideas are going to work.

What’s wrong with the community service idea? They complete and win the required amount of games in Quickplay or they stay out of ranked forever… that seems fine to me.

1 Like

I like the community service idea, but that’s not what the twitter poll is about. Have they abandoned the community service idea in favor of deranking quitters?

Not sure. I certainly hope not!

3 Likes

I agree. My best friend who I game with daily has to AFK once in a while because of her kids. But, there’s casual modes people can play if they have distractions and obligations. Ranked play is for serious players and there should be bans in place to block those who are ruining the ranked experience.

That said, the game is buggy and I just saw a thread where a guy is getting kicked because TC can’t make a game that works properly on multiple PCs. I went through this same thing in Gears 4.

2 Likes

As of yesterday Ryan has been doing polls on Twitter. TC has something in mind that they are going to implement from severe rank drops, bans and match rounds and matches not counting if you have a incomplete team. Idk which but those were his line of questioning. Hopefully they put a surrender option and just award XP so we don’t waste our time grinding out the rest of the match.

If they get rid of the quitters, then rank will have an even smaller player base(Good luck finding a game) . The game is dead anyway go play Super Mario Maybe TC should focus on the real problem of quitters, they tried of hard aiming an opponent only for that opponent to sponge it all.

I will say this though, there are some situation where I can’t blame someone for quitting. Recently, I played a KOTH game on Vasgar, in which all but one of the players on the enemy team were complete bots. I honestly don’t think they had ever touched gears before that match. So the only decent player on their team carried so hard it was sad. He was over 60 elims above the next player. Finally, at the start of the third round, he quit. And I really couldn’t blame him.

I can blame him. Cuz it’s acts like that which still screw over others on you team. I can’t tell you how many matches I go in and carry my team in KOTH, and still end up losing because I have a trash team. Most times I’m even MVP of the match. But I still don’t quit. What good does that do me? I’m just adding to the issue. I get pissed and just shake my head and push on to the next match.

1 Like

I only play ranked to complete dailies. I never quit. I know it is crazy hard to get a win when people quit.

As I understand it people “wager” a certain amount of points when they play a ranked match. If they do good, they get more points then they wagered back and go up in rank. If they do bad, they get less points then they wagered and go down in rank.

The people that quit should loose all their wagered points and those points should be divvied among the people that do not quit… maybe something like 60% divvied among quitters team and 40% divvied among opposing team.

1 Like

I get that. My point being that the matchmaking system is severely handicapping skilled players, and expecting too much from them. I myself was carrying carrying my team (bout 40 elims and 5-6,000 points over the next player) and I wasn’t going to quit regardless of the outcome. But I sympathize with those who are expected to carry. Not saying its right, but people are caught between a rock and a hard place. Stay in the a 3 round game, carry your team, still lose 1,000+ points. Or quit. I can see why some would go for the latter.
The incentives are skewed imo

2 Likes

Not just PCs anymore. Its getting worse. I ran a 5 stack a couple weeks ago. 3 consoles 2 PCs. All 5 of us got randomly kicked from lobbies at different points. I was in the middle of a game, and all the sudden was booted to the main menu. No explanation.
Stuff like this has been happening to me since launch, and i’m not even PC

3 Likes