Quit penalties explanation?

Hi, can someone explain how it is now?

Before it was 15 mins ban, now has it changed?
I’ve seen people here saying they got banned for 90 days?

I guess these rampant quitters needs punishments.

1 Like

People with 45, 60 and 90 day bans are people with a “history” of quitting ranked matches. The new update was retroactive…meaning they looked at your past history as well as your current history and gave those bans accordingly. But to answer your question Yes they are finally cracking down

The more you quit…the longer you get banned

1 Like

Ok, how many quits would warrant a 45 day ban? Would you know this?

Well I was just discussing this in another post and he had quit approximately 15 times in the course of 2 years and got a 90 day ban so either they are taking it very serious or he quit way more than he is saying. I honestly don’t know what would constitute for a 90 day ban

Unfortunately this does not explain much

No way that’s it, in the course of 2 years 15 quits and he got a 90 day ban? No way.

He must have quit a lot more than that, or this is way too harsh.

2 Likes

That’s what we most are thinking but unfortunately we wont know unless someone who really knows how the system for giving the penalties really works can shed some light on it.

1 Like

Hmmm… I guess so.

Found another one in the DEV Posts but still does not say much

1 Like

Thanks, this does shed more light on it.
I guess quitters need something to stop them, fortunately in my time playing gears 4, i haven’t come across much in ranked versus.

You are one of the lucky few then. I get them daily in KOTH. Not so much ins Guardian or TDM though. guess it depends on the game mode.

1 Like

I played 4 KOTH yesterday. 3 of them had quitters and the 1 that didn’t, had a guy who AFK for at least half of every round. This is pretty much the way the game plays now. In every lobby, I look at the gamer tags and try to predict who the quitter will be, and just hope they aren’t on my team. Either way I’m screwed because we wither lose due to a quitter, or I get a hollow W because I was just beating up on a handicapped team.

1 Like

Quit penalties haven’t done anything, they are not working, I’d say more people quit now with the latest more strict penalties in place than they ever did!

Give it time, they haven’t even been in effect for a month. they will start to dwindle as people keep leaving and raking up those penalties lol

2 Likes

Repetition teaches the donkey… well… may do here, but await to see. Certainly the spot penalties are not putting people off (XP hit, 30 min ban etc). The longer term ones for constant quitting may do…

Just received a 15 min quit penalty after completing a match and pressing A to continue to look for the next match. No ones score came up on the leaderboard, I just got an error message saying it was taking to long to fetch scores. Asked me if I wanted to rejoin last game but it had already finished so I couldnt rejoin. Presumably if this error keeps happening I will face a longer ban? They need get rid of these errors before dishing out punitive punishments.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me this afternoon… its only the second time it has ever happened but it was enough to make me stop playing for the day.

1 Like