Quick poll regarding Versus

What would you rather do :

• use the Lancer for once and reclaim the ring?
  • run in with your Gnasher and immediately die ?

Tough choice, I know.

5 Likes

Little of both

5 Likes

both of your choices are incorrect. You see, a pro gears player would whip out their flashbang and toss it into ring, whip out your snub, shoot someone a couple times, and then tactically retreat to wait for your team.

4 Likes

Depends, does my gnasher kill people when i shoot them and are my teammates competent?

Isn’t this the standard move for all game modes… Pve included.

My friend who is a good guy but a…:clown_face:took three matches to get his 1st kill in execution2.0 because of this advanced tactic.

4 Likes

I found out recently that I am indeed horrendous at playing Tomb. I love the map dearly but suck at it.

sounds like me on tomb pushing boom/longshot

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Then it doesn’t matter what i do, the match is already lost.
:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

I’ll instead wallbounce at a random part of the map so my teammates are in a 3v4 until an enemy stumbles upon me and I do 99% then ragequit the match.

I dont actually do this BUT I’ve seen this exact thing with a teammate way too many times.

6 Likes

by chance is this player playing as Baird or Myrrah?

2 Likes

Yes but I would also accept Minh, commando dom or any version of Casan.

2 Likes

The skill based match making and rank system is at fault for how bad ranked plays out. Ive probs played between 10/15 ranked koth this tour and ive seen bronze players who are clearly not bronze and diamond that are poop.

Think im gold 2 atm and some of the people ive seen in matches quite clearly have no idea what to do to win a match.

The other nite all i would see is the same 2 ppl on my team popping up on the kill feed getting killed while rushing the ring.

Ranked in gears is very frustrating, even more so that u cant pick the teammates u get, at least in gears 4 if u saw an onyx or above u new the could play.

Gears5 is like they threw a bag of controllers into a monkey enclosure at the zoo.

1 Like

This one.

I am more of a supportive player anyway so the Lancer is my main even though its been incredibly nerfed. Gnasher for me, well at least used to be, was for when a player got passed my lancer fire. This might be shocking to others but players got passed the Lancer before it was nerfed by dodging and taking cover and the only ones who got downed the most were the ones running in a straight line towards me with their gnashers out lol.

4 Likes

This is fine, but if ur to far away u may as well not bother, ive seen ppl lancering across huge distances and i think WTF are u doing.

Not aimed at u personally.:+1:

But only on foundation.??

1 Like

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t fire it from spawn to spawn lol.

1 Like

Just shock the only path to the ring, simple

Afaik there is no damage dropoff, so if done while still moving towards the ring that one shot can make all the difference for 99% shots.

2 Likes

:rofl:
Never happens.

2 Likes

Option 1 until I realize nobody on my team uses a lancer and I have to Rambo with them

2 Likes