Question for PvP enthusiast...is sweat really an insult?

Asked in global chat “why are bairds such sweats” after a KOTH SOCIAL match against 2 obviously good bairds beating them and get told to shut the f up pretty much. Since when is being sweat an insult? It feels like people who get upset about this are the same idiots who humble brag when someone calls them a good player and then proceed to claim they aren’t…

weird pretty 3am thread but it just kinda triggers me lol. I call you good and you get mentally upset and resort to anger? is that term not a double edge sword?

2 Likes

No one should “sweat” too much in social, even worse when playing Bots…I have jumped in a few of those where one or two players are running around and hoovering up everything!..not for me. Get in (penalty matches!) get out.

Sweat/try hard is a passive aggressive insult I would think. Just like “I thought you were good” is one.

2 Likes

There is some truth to the whole not sweating in social but sometimes you run into stacks absolutely bullying people who have no interest in that level of gameplay which is kind of annoying. I think Stacks should be allowed back in ranked, It’s ranked for a reason, not cater to every single group of individuals…but that’s a different story lol

Maybe it is passive aggressive but I just can’t see myself getting upset about this insult…where is the negative for it? I think you’re some nerd who plays gears all day lol?

1 Like

Embrace the Nerd. :wink::+1: I’m definitely not one, even if I have massive collections of Gears and Simpsons/Futurama memorabilia :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Come on now! Since when has being sweaty been a good thing? At least not in a social situation. Sweaty man-children. :yum:

if you have a massive collection of Gears and Simpson memorabilia , your’e definitely a nerd. Even if your’e 250 lbs of solid muscle , you still have a little nerd in there somewhere.

1 Like

@Duffman_GB

3 Likes

Where did it get that photo!
Oh Yeah!

2 Likes

I have ways :joy:

1 Like

… “Duffman had a dream once, but life… life is filed with compromises!
Oh yeah!”

1 Like

Haha classic older Simpsons :joy:

1 Like

Its funny, I’ve always wondered this myself. Generally, I never found it much of an insult. However, it does make some sense in social. I have this principle of never using the Lancer in social (I do not always hold to this, admittedly) and I will call people out if they get too sweaty or are a good stack:

With that said, recently had a stack that included @BcuzimDRAGON and @Aloha_its_Kyle, and we made three lobbies in a row quit. It was pretty sweet.

3 Likes

I’m all down for this until I got hit in the face with a Salvo in Speyer

1 Like

As stated, do not always abide by this principle. It honestly depends on the lobby. But its a good rule-of-thumb nonetheless

He does it in ranked too. Don’t believe him

1 Like

I never said it was limited to social, Kyle

I mean I hate the term, just because it sounds stupid. Like the word moist.

But I’ve used it often because I couldn’t think of another term. Try hard I’m not sure reflects what’s going on…maybe it does.?

We have such a low population that everyone basically is "sweaty ".

2 Likes

If you sweat your dimes off in social you deserve a much worse fate than a petty insult

1 Like

“moist kids” lol. Doesn’t have quite the same ring as “sweaty kids”

Honestly , aren’t we all sweaty at one point or another?

1 Like

I don’t mind players, playing to win.
I don’t mind players getting a little sweaty either.

I’m just over the unsolicited harassment in global chat… Like honestly, how emotionally fragile do you have to be to feel it’s necessary to type “EZ” or “Yawn” in chat after beating a team you are clearly better than? In my opinion, that is waaaaaay worse than playing sweaty.

I am a 36 year old father of three… I work a full time job and need to use most of my free time fixing things around the house. I usually only get to play one night a week. Congratulations… you beat me! Call the Washington Post and ask them to write an article about this earth shattering breaking news. These days I almost exclusively play quickplay because I don’t have the energy to care enough about winning a match in a video game. I just want to have fun.

All that said, I do find it weird to see stacks of Masters in quickplay KOTH. I would prefer if they want to play like their mothers life is on the line, then they should switch to ranked.

4 Likes