PvP Scorcher is Terrible

I love this thing and I’m so glad to see it return but man is it weak as hell. People just run through the flame like it’s nothing. 46 hits yet I’m dead. Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: Updated the title to reflect PvP specifically

In versus or PVE?

I assume versus?

a lot of people dont use it right. i watch quite a few streams and im yet to see a good scorcher player. they hard aim it too much and dont know how it can damage people in cover and far away from where they are aiming if they are up against a wall behind cover.

Yes PvP

I used to dominate with this thing in Gears 2 and 3. Here in 5 it doesn’t seem to wanna kill anything

I’ve had better results burning the ground and close cover, but yeah, it does feel weak.

2 Likes

Pvp yes.

1 Like

Definitely too weak to the point where it’s free to grab on the map most the time as no one bothers

1 Like

Think it will get a buff in the next update. There’s a lot of feedback to say it’s weak.

2 Likes

It only needs a little buff, do it too much then Jesus imagine.

Scorcher in Gears 2 was trash, it was significantly buffed in Gears 3, Gears 5’s is very similar to how it was in Gears 3 except with less range (IIRC)

1 Like

It is weaker than in previous titles but being able to burn the ground is a nice touch.

Said that… I’m sure if they buffed it people would then complain how OP it is (me included) :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My usual method for aggressive/dumb players is hip firing while walking backwards as a lot of these players try to rush you (make sure you start while they’re not too close so they can’t gib)

I will have to experiment more with blazing the ground and cover.

I don’t think this needs a buff yet. It’s definitely not as powerful as the boomshot but it’s certainly a big strategic deterrent sometimes. And plenty of ammo.

3 Likes

I think broken hit detection also do its work when applying damage.

3 Likes

I’ve found it quite inconsistent. But its a weapon that needs to be held on an enemy, you cant flick it around or it just does nothing. But yes its inconsistent sometimes holding on someone does some measly amount with 30+hits. I bet it will be OP next update… might be good in 2022

1 Like

You’ll find it will get a little buff in Op6. But buff it too much then it will literally be a nightmare in game modes line KOTH, in particular pushing teams on a well held ring if the team is in a good position with it.

1 Like