PvE Game: You Can Only Pick 3 Classes

If you could only pick three classes total to play for the rest of Gears 5, what would they be?

In this thread, you are only allowed to pick THREE classes, and they count for both Horde and Escape. So choose wisely!

Why three? To cover all our bases-- offensive, defensive and support. Rather than just listing all our favorites, we need to reeeeeeeally think hard about what we’d pick if we were only allowed to play as those three classes, forever. I think it’ll say a lot about the kind of players we are, and what we prioritize.

So! What’re your three choices, fellow forumers?

5 Likes

I’ll only need 1.

An actual answer to the post would be :
Blademaster
Infiltrator
Gunner

6 Likes

Same

3 Likes

Infiltrator

Pilot

Gunner

4 Likes

Anchor?

3 Likes

Great choices

2 Likes

Anchor
Blademaster
Gunner

4 Likes

Infiltrator
Anchor
Striker

1 Like

Blademaster?

1 Like
  • Infiltrator
  • Marksman
  • Gunner

This was not an easy decision as I enjoy all Assault and Tank classes. Support does not suit my play style, although Combat Medic was enjoyable to level up. The Promotional classes don’t interest me.

I was also torn between Infiltrator and Blademaster.

2 Likes

Striker

Blademaster

Jack

I only play horde.

-Nomad

-Brawler

-Pilot

All three are pretty versatile with what they can do and/or use in a variety of situations each class in both Horde and Escape. Conveniently my favorite trio as well, they can cover a lot of bases by themselves with various builds, from being able to tank, CQC, and snipe/hit hard at range, with a hint of support if need be. I could go into detail for each class as to why but that would be a long post lol.

1 Like

BM : escape or horde … obvious choice

Anchor : self-suffisant in horde. Very good starting weapon for escape.

Tact : so helpful for both horde and escape. Even playable if bleed/explosive are reduced

I don’t play much escape so it doesn’t really factor in my choices.

Mechanic
Combat Medic
Marksman

1 Like

No Veteran? :astonished:

1 Like

Lol no- I play Escape more and those 3 are the ones I use the most.

Brawler is gonna take one those spots soon lol

Let’s see…

Blademaster - shouldn’t need to say why, though choosing between this one and Infiltrator is not entirely easy, partially because one doesn’t need any perks right away to be useful in Horde

Anchor

Can’t really decide between Pilot or Gunner for third class, build variety and the Torque Bow for the Gunner while having some stun capabilities is good and all, but I also like playing around with Dropshots every now and then which is only realistically viable for an entire match with Pilot(yes, you can also use them with Demo or Tact but there’s better weapons for those classes than the Dropshot). If there was any class I’d replace Anchor with, it’s Pilot.

First two picks are more on an universal basis, third would be more Horde oriented as I no longer really play Escape with the maps having become stale. But both of those can be used in Escape to some extent.

2 Likes

Lol nope - I did the 2 runs I wanted to do and I’m done with Brawler.

Next week my last vid is coming out and that’s it. Not doing any solos. I still have to do Halo campaign ( hoping to do it over the Xmas holidays).

I will still play gears, probably will participate in whatever horde challenges are left but the game is on its last legs…

1 Like

I felt weird not picking Robotics Expert since it’s my favorite engineer, but the truth is I just don’t enjoy engineer anymore. I did it a lot more in Gears 4, where you could essentially dictate the game (engineers were overpowered), but in Gears 5 I just don’t have much fun doing it anymore.

So Infiltrator because it’s basically PvP on steroids, Anchor because it’s the most varied, capable class, and Striker because I like sniping drones and slapping bosses with my mace. And all three are low energy cost for the most part, assuming Wardens show up, which I feel is a boon in a game mode where everyone wants a locker.

1 Like