PVE dev stream - April 22nd

Did this stream answer all the questions ? duplicate cards ? more cards ? promo classes buff ?

Prolly not, maybe, idk I was busy at the time

Ha. I don’t think a single question with any merit or substance was even addressed.

At least it wasn’t 90% talking about pointless cosmetics like the last QNA stream.

6 Likes

We got answers that the Locust will definitely be making it into regular Horde. Michael also talked about a bug that made the Locust and Lambent spawn next to each other but they kept it in for Siege as it make them fight each other constantly, which people loved…

Unfortunately not much in the way of other future plans have been revealed.

I expect though we won’t hear much on that til just before OP7

8 Likes

I stayed up late to watch it despite having a 4:30am start because I just love the PVE game and streams. I don’t want to be to negative but will offer my feedback on the stream but first I want to start with the positives.

We are lucky to have Michael Shannon, TC get’s load of ■■■■ but he’s so refreshing to have on the streams because he comes across as one of us. Put in charge of PVE a mode he loves. It feels like someone who could have been an enthusiastic member of the community getting to put things in the game he knows we would love. I hope we get to keep him or a team he leads going forward in new games. PVE for me is the best in any gears game and he seems to want the same things I see the community craving. Then you hear Nexus Siege is one mans work you can see he would have loved to have done more for us and himself but time was limited.

He seems a lot happier and more chatty with no Dana and the interaction with tc sera was more comfortable to watch. The whole stream seems more positive.

But I did feel they didn’t want to touch any questions regards issues with the game modes. Such as Blademasters stun not working properly, hit boxes, ghost melee, reasons for stealth nerfs, card problems, Ultimate bugs, escape questions or anything more technical pointed out by people in this thread…

If you look through the ones answered from there, they were mostly fun and light hearted, which is cool and nice to hear but none of the questions on niggles were mentioned. They were not future content related.

My biggest criticism is playing and doing a Q and A. I don’t think the Dev should be playing, by all means have the other guest (third person)showcase the mode leaving the dev to focus on the questions with his full attention while pointing out details in the game that someone else is playing. I feel that way they could get through more questions, he did a great job playing and answering but I feel it loses focus. TC Sera did a good job picking out questions from chat and for me the whole stream felt more positive.

I appreciate the time these take, thank you.

11 Likes

Too bad we can’t play horde offline like in the original trilogy, I loved it in Gears of war 2 and 3.

3 Likes

I’m disappointed there’s no addressing the DeeBee’s broken head hitbox bug still. It’s being a big problem since OP6 launch

2 Likes

Why address problems, when you can ask about someone’s day?

2 Likes

Eh, after 10 minutes I kinda got the feeling that they were not going to answer many (if at all) of the bug questions.

I appreciate the positive stream though, it was different.

1 Like

So I’ve watched the archive of the stream today and thought of giving my 50 cents to it.

Let me just start of first with that there are a ton of open PvE questions, I really mean A TON. @TC_Sera has opened two threads to my knowledge. One on these forums here and another one on Reddit. At least in the post here, there were a lot of comments packed with questions and I’d say there was a majority related to things not working as expected (bugs) or similar questions that just lead to let’s call it a “worse experience” of sorts (e.g. the Wakaatu only being killable while it’s in the air).

Now, the streams duration was roughly 1h while 10mins of those were already booked by the 10mins intro scene, leaving roughly 50mins left for the actual stream.

With the amount of questions asked, it was already clear that no way all of them would be answered (expectable).

However what was a bit disappointing to me is that for roughly the first 35mins, only questions were asked to sort of “get a good mood” or how I’d like to call them, “filler questions” or “cooldown questions”. Basically questions that don’t really “burn” but lighten up the mood a little bit.

In other words, only roughly 15-20mins (the latter of the stream) were actual questions that were interesting and to some extend criticism.

What I personally expect of such a stream is to get the burning and long-term questions answered. Those that bother the community for a while.

Even @TC_Sera mentioned it a bunch of times in the stream to avoid future content questions, yet she herself asked such questions like if the Locust will make it into regular Horde (which they will) or future PvE Events being playable on multiple maps (which they will) or just considering adding new skill cards.

In short, yet again, a lot of burning questions remain unanswered.

Therefore I have a few suggestions:

• If you make a Q&A stream, try to organize it on topics (e.g. Escape, Horde, Classes, Events, Future Content etc.)
  • Pick the most burning questions (most asked)
  • Ask the questioner for more details if unclear
  • Compile a list sorted by topics
  • Toss in a few “breaker” questions every now and then, not all at once (like those “what are your favourite XXX” at the first 30mins)
  • But what I generally suggest, just to toss the list of questions directly to whomever is going to answer them to get back a written statement and that the person asked also potentially has time to prepare. A stream for that isn’t necessarily needed, if so you can just take live-chat questions directly, no need to ask for questions ahead of time

Also @TC_Sera you were asking for this in the stream. :wink:

https://youtu.be/VFKaK2FCNOg

13 Likes

I put my feedback in the other thread…

I won’t paste it into this one, maybe they can be merged?

1 Like

Don’t suppose you know whether regular horde also means frenzy or just the 50 wave malarkey ? Cheers in advance

1 Like

I don’t sorry, I would presume both at a guess.

1 Like

Did they answer my question?

Nope.

Your question was about future content, and TC did say quite clearly those wouldn’t be answered.

Question like how Nexus Siege was developed for example would be fine, but asking if a Nexus Siege 2.0 would come with specific enemies wouldn’t be because if that happened they would want to do a proper announcement.

Not hinting that will ever exist either just to be clear.

They didn’t answer my question about AI soldiers either.
Boo
Boooooo!

Well, that’s a point of mild contention for me.

I wasn’t asking about any new content that they might add, I was asking about content that they have already released, and whether or not they’d alter the ways in which we can use that already existent content.

My question was more equivalent to asking about bug fixes, as it only pertained to content that is already in the game.

To be fair, there wasn’t many questions answered in the stream about major bugs either. Most of the questions asked were, what’s your favourite card combination and class, what was the most challenging class to balance etc.

2 Likes

Fair enough. :disappointed: