PSA: Boost currently giving 2X EXP (RIP extra EXP)

Yes, but if you already had boost its only 1.5X as good.

What nonsense! Either way I’ll be on tonight. I didn’t have power for about 36 hours due to this storm we had. Need to run some escape and level up some players.

2 Likes

That is how math works Tones.

100%

200% (Double)

300% (1.5x 200%)

4 Likes

The boost is OP and needs to be nerfed :rofl:

4 Likes

Woohoo… looks like I’m finally going to catch my 17th lvl mac and fahz up with the rest of my guys

1 Like

Does this apply to character XP too?

1 Like

I believe it does.

1 Like

You know what? I’m sick of your Maths and your logic and your calm demeanor…

1v1 me :joy_cat:

Seriously though TC probably did this because they wanted a way to increase revenue, Boost kinda sucks right now because even with it you level up at a snails pace :snail:

2 Likes

It is also a free weekend for people without gold for a ton of games, Gears 5 included.

People have been speculating (because of Gamepass) that Microsoft will probably do away with requiring Gold to play MP, but that is many months away at least I suspect.

Halo Infinite having free to play MP supports this I take it.

Edit: I’m aware that this is just a bit irrelevant, but I’m saying that the barrier to entry will probably be lower in the future for Gears 5 and most other games on XB1.

Microsoft confirmed recently this isn’t the case (sadly)

Source; https://www.trueachievements.com/n42743/xbox-live-gold

1 Like

:broken_heart:

1 Like

So they’re basically ripping people off by making them either buy GP or a 6 month Gold sub that is more expensive than the 12 month in the long term?

2 Likes

Exactly.

2 Likes

I wonder how well people will let that pass on them. There’s no way they’ll force me to buy Game Pass because I just have no use for it due to a limited selection of games that I tend to play.

3 Likes

I loaded up on Gold last year, getting to about 2.5 years on my account before doing the $1 GPU upgrade. Hopefully Microsoft gets whatever they’re doing worked out in the next year and a half so I don’t have to debate between paying a monthly GPU rate or switching back to just Gold at a 3 or 6 month rate.

1 Like

Great idea by the Master Chief Super Saiyan

2 Likes

Well on the bright side at least with this 200% Boost stuff you can get just under 23,000 XP for an Escape run on Inconceivable with 16+ ribbons… not that that’s very feasible without grinding outright using specific methods.

1 Like

Where’s the thumbs down button? For the millionth time it’s Monte Carlo Super Sport…

1 Like

Do you mean second? :stuck_out_tongue:

I only ever heard Lambo call you that once.

1 Like