Potential changes to Horde in Gears 6

Are there any changes you guys would make to the horde in Gears 6?
I think that the modifiers added in 5 are a great idea, however, they should not modify neither the damage nor health, since that makes the entire balance of the classes and their cards kinda… wonky? I would love to see more modifiers like infantry shock damage, freezing snipers, invisible enemies etc. This is what makes the game interesting and fresh - not adding twice as much health and turning enemies into bullet sponges.

It would also be nice to have more ammo capacity and pickup rate for special weapons, at least some of them like the boomshot (3 rounds? seriously?) and probably some ammo regen for the sniper class instead of cap increase. I agree that Gears 4 was a little crazy with the ammo (over 1k max ammo for lancer etc) but Gears 5 is on the opposite side - it’s really stingy with the ammo (cap, pickups and crates)

Lastly (I know this one might be controversial) I would love to see horde have 25 waves by default. 12 waves of frenzy is a bit too short, besides the way poisons are added isn’t ideal, while 50 on the other hand is quite a commitment - it’s 2 or even 3 hours. I think we can all can agree that it’s difficult to get people for 50 waves straight, and it gets boring after 30 consecutive waves most of the time. Besides, waves x1-x5 are usually quite easy and I wouldn’t mind getting rid of them.

What do you guys think? Maybe The Coalition will consider some of our ideas to make horde even better

2 Likes

I like the idea, but personally I’m more into more enemies and them adding mechanics that makes the game experience more unique. Certain classes can do more damage to certain enemies because of their abilities, enemies having unique mechanics. Stuff like that, more modifiers are welcome though.

It’s why I love siege so much, so many different operators and they all do different things and they all affect operators differently. TC should rip a page out of R6s book and do things more like that.

-Better U.I. for PvE
-PvE firing range
-Massive PvE Sandbox : Every enemy and weapon in the franchise returns but also new enemies and weapons make a debut.
-Better Sound Design
-Grandmaster Difficulty and exclusive rewards for beating it
-Good enemy balancing
-Shock Grenades completely removed from PvE
-PvE enemies dont fight eachother, they team up and fight only us
-PvE has PvP wallbounce cooldown

3 Likes

Koty why… we were friends…

Koty why again…

1 Like

Dump Jack, eliminate Survivor/Ironman from standard modifiers… make it separate like Gears 4.

2 Likes

The cooldown for wall canceling is kind of annoying sometimes so I would like it to just be the same as PvPs.

And Shock Grenades have done nothing but kill me. You might think the shock grenades from enemies right? You would be wrong. Shock Grenades from my teammates.

1 Like

I’ll never understand why Lambent cause nuclear explosions that still kill me even though I have 90% resistance to all damage lol

5 Likes

Oh gotcha

I still love them though :pensive:

Flashbangs are the best grenade on the majority of the classes.

1 Like

I like throwing shocks at people so I can be MVP every game.

2 Likes

You’re part of the problem mineman. You need help.

1 Like

I definitely do, it’s an addiction :pensive::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Deebees shouldn’t be enemies, but rather allies. Kinda weird to still fight them considering where we are in the story. If they will be there, then I’d hope they be like more functional rejects rather than just normal DB’s.

Hammer of Dawn in Horde, even if it’s just in classic Horde.

Expansion of emote wheel for better communication, because currently the quality of communication is just frustating.

Also generally just an expansion of the stuff we already have. :kissing_cat:

Blademaster is fine and requires no change and if its not in the next game then someone at TC is going to get a slap. Although they could fix ghost melee in the next game.

2 Likes

Are people suggesting a change to the class? If so, shame on them. Lol melee combat better return in the next game, if it doesn’t then that would be very disappointing.

1 Like

Any time I see something suggesting a change to horde in Gears 6 I must make it clear that the Blademaster requires no change and needs to be in the next line up of classes.

3 Likes

Or at least make it so that they only fight if friendly fire occurs. Half of the Lambent waves are an absolute snore of most of the wave fighting itself out on the other end of the map, while the other half is just Boomshot and Mulcher spam. Neither is particularly enjoyable.

3 Likes

Exactly why I suggest this. Keep the enemies fighting eachother in a campaign setting but keep it out of PvE. It just causes long, drawn out waves.

1 Like

Seeing as friendly fire isn’t even a thing in Horde, they could just remove the stun effects of friendly Shock Grenades, Flashbangs and EMBARs.

5 Likes