Gears Forums

Possible Silver Surfer and other multiplayer issues fix

Update: So I scoured the internet looking for answers as I was seeing nobody else was really having problems to the extent I was. I ended up deleting the game, CLEARING MY CACHE ON MY XBOX. And reinstalling. I see a huge improvement. Its playable now!!! NO MORE SILVER SURFERS so far, way less lag, my shots are hitting consistently now. I still have had ghosts running around and higher ping than usual but it really is night and day. Most of the problems I see were on MY END. I want to apologize to TC. I WAS WRONG. I would apologize to Fragmented Wolf as well but he just said I was lying and offered no help. I want to leave my original post up so I can take the L! I love the game, please fix the other multiplayer issues so that it will be the best it has the potential to be. And again…MY BAD

1 Like

@Fragmented_Wolf

Probably helps if you tag him :slight_smile:

and glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fragmented Wolf? I sent a message. Even went to the YouTube videos I commented on and posted this update. I’m a man of intergity and will admit when I’m wrong with no shame as it makes me a better man. Fragmented Wolf was so about being right he denied the evidence I showed and any chance I was telling the truth with the problems I had. I hope this helps anyone else they maybe having similar problems. GEARS FOR LIFE!!!

1 Like

I don’t know how much more accepting of your ‘evidence’ you want me to be. I acknowledged some of your issues (Issues I never objected, but acknowledged all the same) and even told you one of your clips you presented couldn’t be easily explained away… Meanwhile, you 're arguing with me telling me various things like you should have hit this shot, or you can’t hear clear footstep audio in your own clip…

Regardless… Glad you can enjoy your game…

1 Like

Thank you. But you stated many times in multiple ways I was lying and that offends me because I’m a man of character. But I ask you to do me this favor. Watch the moo moo milk video “gears of ping” what he experienced is what I have been experiencing. His shots could be addressed as “missing” but playing gears as much as he does, I do, in every other gears some damage would have been done. I hope you enjoy your game too and look forward to faceing you in a match.

I guess I’m going to have to reinstall the game. I keep seeing the Silver Surfer grenade tags not working all sorts of oddities. I’ll try it out.

1 Like

I’m also seeing silver surfers but in arcade only, but in the killcam, they look and play normal. So it must be on my end. I’ll try clearing the cache.

1 Like

Let me know if it works

Ok, it may take a while if I notice any changes because I rarely see silver surfers nowadays anyway, maybe like 1-2 times a week playing a few matches everyday. I will also keep an eye out on if ping (on my end or theirs) has anything to do with it too.

1 Like

Clearing the cache is more than just reinstalling, their are YouTube videos on how to do it. The one I watched works on my Xbox 1 s You have to press some things in blu-ray player, hold the power button for 10 seconds so that the system shuts all the way down, unplug the system. Preas and hold the power button 4 or 5 times then plug up and it should be reset. I don’t remember what I had to do exactly in Blu-ray player but yea YouTube it and let me know how it worked out

2 Likes