Possible Plot Hole in Gears 5? (Spoilers)

I was finishing up some achievements in the Gears 5 Campaign and I possibly found a plot hole? I can overlook it (because honestly who cares), but I wanted to make sure cause I just find this stuff interesting.
-
I got to the bit where we were fighting Locust again and thought for a bit, shouldn’t they be dead because of the Gears 3 ending? Assuming they were in the lab at the end of Gears 3, wouldn’t Adam’s machine have killed them? I don’t know if they were safe because they were in test tubes or because they were made after the fact, but I was curious is all. Big Congrats to TC whether or not it’s a plot hole though, the amount of work that was put into the Campaign and Story is incredible.
-
Also if anybody wants to discuss other possible plot holes throughout the Gears story I don’t mind. I recall there being a lot throughout Gears 1 - Judgment.

Not a plot hole if you ask me. Adam’s countermeasure was not perfected/finished by the end of Gears 3 and clearly did not affect the Locust and Sires in stasis tanks like the Locust out in the world, so they did not evolve/mutate into a different form, from the looks of it.

2 Likes

Adams Countermeasure affected Imulsion, not Locust specifically so the ones in the tubes shouldn’t have been affected by it,