Gears Forums

**Poll: Keep or Change Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism In Ranked Playlists**

Poll: Keep or Change Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism In Ranked Playlists
Note: No ability to create an automated poll so will collate results periodically

PLEASE READ HOW TO VOTE!!!:
Please like 1 of the two additional posts below to cast your vote - YOUR VOTE WILL NOT COUNT OTHERWISE

*****Keep Current Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism

• 5 Votes**

*****Change/Competitive Tuning Only For Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism

• 68 Votes**

Depending on the result, it would provide sufficient evidence on if a change request should be made and the urgency to which it should be implemented. If the result is to change the current tuning to competitive only in all Ranked Playlists, then this would also replace the need to introduce the ability to toggle the setting on/off as referenced as a potential update by TC.

** Please share and encourage others to vote**

15 Likes

I tried to add a poll but seemingly only works if we make the thread.

My vote is for removal.

5 Likes

Like this post to vote for: Keep Current Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism In Ranked playlists

4 Likes

remove :+1:

3 Likes

Like this post to vote for: Change/Competitive Tuning Only For Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism In Ranked Playlists

68 Likes

Remove

1 Like

Keep it as it is.

1 Like

Like the relevant post to vote :slight_smile:

Remove Aim Assist/Bullet Magnetism - Throughout the whole game preferably, but if they just remove from ranked, that’d work for me also

Remove

Keep.

I voted the “remove” option, although I believe the aim assist settings in escalation and execution should be applied to all ranked playlists, so “removal” isn’t entirely accurate.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. How would you redefine the descriptions for a more accurate representation of the options?

It’s just that to some degree some sort of aim assist is considered standard for consoles, I have no issue with that, but what we currently have is very similar to two different tunings again, like in Gears 4.

Keep the “core” version of aim assist in arcade and social, and have the “competitive” version of aim assist in all ranked playlists.

Private koth matches with the competitive aim assist settings feel so much better…to me anyway.

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with a small amount of aim-assist - virtually every shooter has this - but the bullet magnetism HAS TO GO.

3 Likes

I’ve updated the option descriptions to reflect your suggestions.

1 Like

Seems reasonable.

Just want to specify that “aim assist” is the umbrella that different types of aim assist fall under, like the “reticle snap” or “drag” (friction I think it’s called, beneficial to hitscan weapons) is different from bullet magnetism.

I’m also against a toggle to turn it off, as this would essentially create another version of tuning, and would in the end just not make sense as it would imply a disadvantage.

I want my pellets and bullets to fly straight where I aim, and if I miss then I miss. I don’t want my pellets and bullets chasing my prey down like a swarm of angry bees.

2 Likes

Tone down the aim assist, remove the magnetism.