Poison puddle barriers

What is up with the poison puddle daily horses . They eat through barriers in seconds . Doesn’t hurt the taps as much , wasn’t sure if this is a glitch or maybe just doesn’t want us to use barriers . Puddles are so big and last so long can be rather annoying

1 Like

Buy Level 2 Barriers. They tank much more than Level 1’s. It’s the only situation I would buy Level 2’s.

1 Like

Upgrade them to level 2. The increased damage resistance is big and makes a really noticeable difference.

2 Likes

Never hurts to throw up a shock sentry

1 Like

Still can’t decide which mutator I hate more. Reflective shells or poison puddles.

Word that reflective on bleed damage sucks

3 Likes

Bleed, Barriers, Sniper-bullets that suddenly get reflected despite no visual indicator that the shield is up. It’s just as cancerous as these poison puddles.

Reflective shell is trash because you’ve already downed yourself by the time you see it activate.

Puddles are trash because they can down you even after they disappear. For a short time anyhow.

2 Likes

Because in their genius “skillful” approach, TC has made it so that the reflective shell in Horde triggers when it wishes to. Sometimes it works as it’s supposed to and gets activated when the enemy reaches half health, other times it decides to only trigger AFTER you already shot at the enemy which is probably the biggest BS ever, besides when a Kestrel pulls an insta wipe out of its ■■■ while under constant fire from GLs or when it’s stunned.

3 Likes

I hate both lol

How do you mean? As an engineer, Level 2 Barriers are the stable to setting up the base. Not only do they have more health (and even more health if you play Mechanic with his fortificaton health card), they also cover a wider area . Level 1 Barriers are good for starter waves but should be upgraded to 2 as soon as possible. Anything aside above level 2 barriers should be considerred a late-game luxury when you have power to spare since they’re expensive to maintain.

When I play enginner, I hate both immensely. Both in the same game and I tap out because when the barriers aren’t dealing damage to reflective shells, flushers are giving me extra work to repair and rebuild.

enemies’ (magical) Reflective Shell: “reflects” bleed damage and burning damage
Gunner’s Reflective Shell: CAN’T even reflect the freezing bullets from the Mulcher Scion in The Line

Poison Puddle: Mutiple poison puddles can melt barriers like concentrated sulfuric acid.

1 Like

Quite a few times today barriers were destroyed and I was downed by puddles that were not even there anymore so dumb

Poison puddles gets nullified when using Del Reinforced Fab + Armor Plating + lvl 2 barriers. Spammed like 20 lvl 2 barriers which barely took any noticeable damage throughout 12 waves. They would soak in poison for minutes and only go down a sliver which I would quickly repair for stim. Only until the Matriarch came did they get destroyed but they had already done their job by then.

1 Like

I personally believe they need to rework the poison puddle modifier because of the fact it chews through fortifications in no time but as well as the proportion size of puddles that come out of enemies is ridiculous

1 Like

Having combat medic + being robotics expert u can heal ur barriers super fast as well if you kill a weak enemy from far away. Level 2 barriers never go away pretty much.

It’s also interesting when Elite Grenediers are supposed to become invisible within 10 meters; but it turns into everything up to & including Snatchers.

I’m pretty sure that’s the Ghost Enemies modifier, which works for all of them. I’m not aware of any Ghost Grenadier modifier for Horde nor Escape.

What IS bugged with some of the Ghost enemy modifiers is that they turn enemies invisible from the other end of the map instead of the 10 meter range it says it’s supposed to be active at.