Gears Forums

Please stop defending broken games

Because this is the norm now. Developers know they can release a half finished game and make a profit from just the preorders. Not to mention what they make from microtransactions. Then they can just fix it as the game goes on.

3 Likes

In Rockstar’s defense, the reason why the online portion of RDR2 was unsatisfactory was because it was in beta (I think it still is, could be wrong). So you paid for the SP (which is arguably the best open world SP game known to mankind and worth the price tag for that alone) with the promise that you will get the online portion in the future. So I don’t give them too much flak for their stumbles.

In Gears5’s case however, the game is complete, or so that’s how they try to sell it to us, which we all know is a load of bologna.

And yes, Bethesda and EA too are the worst culprits of selling us incomplete, broken games at full price (see Anthem and Fallout76).

4 Likes

Gaming at the moment sucks i went and played gears of war 3 yesterday and still had tonnes of fun playing even on a laggy connection also now comparing this game to gears 5 you just cant help but think the multiplayer is a downgrade there was alot of things i have spotted that are just completely missing in gears 5.

2 Likes

But you were going to do that eventually anyway.

And yes, Bethesda and EA too are the worst culprits of selling us incomplete, broken games at full price (see Anthem and Fallout76).

I always expect that sort of behavior from EA but Bethesda used to have my support. Then fallout 4 came out and I noticed things were going downhill. Then the nail in the coffin was fallout 76. Now I treat them with the same attitude as I do EA. “Oh elder scrolls 6 is coming out? Ill wait for a reviewer I trust to look at it before I open my wallet”

2 Likes

Why do ppl keep saying games havnt gone up in price? They’re £60+ these days, it wasn’t that long ago they were all £40 at launch for Xbox 360 etc, Xbox1, i.e this generation saw an average 50% increase in the price up to said £60. I literally can’t name another item/thing/industry that has raised that much over so little time, it’s actually been shown the costs of packaging/distribution these companies used to pay, which was pretty large have been reduced to practically nothing, offsetting their costs even more etc whilst at the same time these big AAA have been posting record profits whilst telling us they NEED to charge obscene MTX to survive?

I just ain’t buying it

1 Like

The games don’t innovate, it’s just gears 3 but with extra steps.

1 Like

Quality testing has gone out of the window.

6 Likes

I feel our issues actually date back to PC software and gaming. PC gamers used to be content with buying games that was incomplete and hope for updates that would fix them. Then you could buy the base game, then buy the extras that was stripped from the game at a later date. Here we are waiting for fixes and being expected to pay for what should have already been in the game.

4 Likes

Just don’t think it’s unreasonable or cost prohibitive to take an extra month to do testing or to copy and paste extra content like characters and maps to where it doesnt feel repetitive or limiting been playing the same 6 maps for a month to the point where I’m just getting bored of them and in general makes it feel like a beta. But more maps to come this month… if it just took an extra month then take that time to do what should essentially already be in the game.

1 Like

We are the quality testers my dude, and we pay them for the privilege of doing so. Crazy how things have turned out.

3 Likes

I agree. They promoted it as ready to play game and convinced many people to switch for Game Pass Ultimate with additonal early access days. This game is not ready from end-user perspective!!!

I watched developers stream and they were talking that are listening the community and will repair most of issues in upcoming weeks… so they admit that game is in BETA stage… not ready. They should sell it as BETA release.

If I buy BETA I know that game is not ready and need to wait and I am happy to help improving it.

Very unprofessional bussiness approach!

3 Likes

Why does the “Gears 5 sux!” crowd think they are entitled to post their complaints about the game without anyone challenging them and defending the game if they happen to enjoy it?

1 Like

I’ve been saying that. Imagine if this Gears 5 came out in 2013 lol.

2 Likes

Gears of War is dead with this game. :frowning:

1 Like

If you’re a fan of co-op/multiplayer games you’d be paying for xbox live gold anyway regardless of Game Pass or Gears 5.

TBH i have not gamed for a decade or so as the games they all make now ( FPS games ) are too “complicated”

1. I have to assign and use 2 X more keys on my keyboard to play the games.
  2. I don’t care for updating your weapons or other things in the game, and surely not if it will cost me money again.
  3. Where is the always run option in the menu, i don’t want to press a damn button to run, and i don’t want to run out of breath ( its a god damn game and i want to have fast paced fun )
  4. Why do i have to bend over and push a button to pick something up, that’s just a waste of code and a game speed kill.
  5. i don’t want to choose a character with special abilities, and i don’t want to dress it up, i am not a girl, and i don’t want to loose my game speed having to heal teammates.
  6. And i don’t want to have servers “fix” matches bu the skill level of the players, in the old days you looked for clan tags to get in with skilled players or you took your chance.
  7. And TBH i want to join the servers i choose, not the server some system assign me to
  8. And i just hate gaming clients like steam, this Microsoft stuff and others, why is this “suddenly” necessary for games ?
  9. And why the hell don’t we have random generated multiplayer maps ? just so stupid to play the same maps over and over, not least in a game that is " realistic" in so many other ways.
    If on PC you cant play a game and only use like 10 keyboard keys and 4 - 5 mouse keys, then for me at least its a bad game.
    I got this Microsoft game pass thing alongside my new GFX card, and i figured i would give it a try knowing full that i will be let down by the games there.

So i downloaded ( happy i have gigabit internet ) huge games 50 to 60 Gb in size, from microsoft i assume which can just manage to give me a 260 mbit DL speed ( poor ■■■■■■■■ on a small DSL connection must take days to DL a game )
SO ! i got:
Gears 5 : stuck in level 3 of the single player as i can not install a item on the stupid drone, and i am probably not going to move on from there before the 3 month game pass expire and i delete the games and Mistosoft thingie.
Multiplayer i am not going to try as the character control are not to my liking and game speed are probably too slow.

Merto exedus : this actually play ( single player ) but i don’t think i will enjoy multiplayer if it have it.

Wolfstein 2 the new colossus : This also single play fine so far, but i also don’t think i will give multiplayer a try in this game.

PS: i do prefer to multiplayer, but have not done so since the early COD games, last FPS game i got was Modern warfare 1… also tried the modern Warfare 2 open beta for a few days, and also not i game i am going to multiplayer.

PPS. and where the hell are CTF game mode ? Capture The Flag have always been my favorite game mode, most hated though i have not tried any got to be the battle royal that seem popular nowadays.

O and gears 5, it do not like the controlling software for my G skill RGB ram, so i have to close that down to launch the game in the first place ( which are not a big deal but still silly i have to do it )
G skill software i have to use as the Gigabute RGB fusion for my X399 aorus xtreme motherbord are buggy as hell, actually the latest version of it ( 10 days old ) cant even launch on my computer.

On a positive note, games look much better nowadays, but i would prefer minecraft like grafix with good old fast gameplay.
Game i most enjoyed and played like 6 - 8 hours a day was on the quake 2 engine, so as you can figure out, its been a while since i really had fun gaming.
O and i was in my 30ties back then, so don’t take a master degree to figure out this guy are no spring chick :grin:

1 Like

yes and no. I know people who paid month to month for live and I know a couple people who switched to PC after doing this

Also whos to say that the next Xbox is gonna charge for live or that you switch over to the PS5

360/ps3 games were $60+ when they were released in the US.

I remember back in the days of 360 and ps3. People were saying “PS3 doesn’t charge a monthly fee” Then Sony got hacked, lost hundreds of thousands of their customers information. They patch it and an hour later they had to shut down ps3 cause they got hacked AGAIN. “This is why microsoft charges a monthly fee” :stuck_out_tongue:

Course Microsoft could have been the one who hacked them for all we know.

2 Likes