Please Remove Flashbang as Loadout Option

I agree it’s quite annoying but my counter point is that smokes in Gears 3 and 4 would do the exact same. Except I think multiple smokes would just reset the stun “timer” to the last one that hit not add to it.

Honestly I’m fine with them being in the game. Just not as a loadout option. If everyone is carrying around flashbangs then there’s 10 potential flashes going off in your face every couple of seconds. It’s obnoxious. May as well just make the shocks a loadout option at that point.

2 Likes

I mean they already made it weaker. Perhaps they should just take it out of the game entirely at this point.

Regardless if they made it weaker or not. It’s still annoying having them mindlessly thrown at the ring in KOTH. It’s not as bad in other modes, but KOTH is probably the worst for flashbang spam. I’d even accept the launch flashbang if they just made it a pickup instead of a loadout option.

1 Like

Lol that would be insane having shocks thrown at you. You would die instantly for sure

Quite a few people on these forums know me. Don’t know why you have to do personal attacks here just because someone disagrees with you. You’re not here for discourse. You’re here for an echo chamber. If you disagree then that’s fine. I want the discussion. But if you’re just here to belittle people, then please get out.

4 Likes

I mean some people might “mindlessly throw” them at the ring, but most people I play with throw them at the enemy team crossing from several angles so we can break the ring.

That’s all fine and good. I’m not saying that flashbangs don’t have a place at all in the MP. I’m just saying that they shouldn’t be a loadout option. I’d rather have a 2 flashbang pickup on either side of the map (flashbang pickup for each team) so that there’s a total of 4 flashbangs instead of 10 because pretty much nobody uses the smokes. The change they made where the smokes are equipped by default was pointless. Because it literally only takes half a second to switch to flashes.

Same. Sorry if my posts came off as me wanting them removed entirely.
I’d also be fine with them being a pickup.

1 Like

I think you both aren’t seeing past the KotH issue. Problem is, if you would to make them pickup only, it’ll make other modes where campers are rampant more tedious like in TDM. Flashbangs are quite useful and welcome in such modes.

2 Likes

Make them pickup only in KOTH then? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Smokes are practically useless with the mark system and only requires people to stand on the edge and gib anyone that enters/exits.

1 Like

That’ll be good enough.

1 Like

The problem definitely is the constant flow of flashbangs, yes…

I always thought that if they were made more powerful (like they are in PvE) AND made a single pickup (like the shock frags) then they would be fine…

I would also be fine to return to the GoW4 smoke HOWEVER with an instant or near instant detonation… The delay between the time you throw a smoke in GoW4 and the time it explodes is stupid, most of the time you can’t throw it far ahead of you enough, you get stunned running in, lol… and if you do throw it far enough, the stun effect is gone by the time you get there…

2 Likes

I see where you’re coming from. Then maybe they should just be removed from KOTH. I don’t play much TDM. My main modes are KOTH and Guardian. I’m sure campers are annoying in TDM. But doesn’t that say more about the map design promoting camping ?

Oh absolutely, but unfortunately you can’t nerf or make maps loadout only :yum:. But yeah, I agree with what @o_GH0UL_o suggested, which is to simply make them pick up only on KotH.

1 Like

Not with that attitude you can’t

Actually you can technically “nerf” a map. I know I reference Rainbow Six Siege a lot when I’m talking about Gears but TC could take a page out of Ubisoft’s book. What Ubisoft does if a map has major issues or flaw that the community doesn’t like, they pull it out of rotation and work on it to make it more balanced. Then re-release it into rotation as a reworked map. Sometimes the changes are minimal and other times it’s almost a brand new map. I highly doubt TC would do this but I can dream.

3 Likes

Dreams are good to have. It’s what gets us going in dark times. :grin:

3 Likes

First, belittling was from both sides.
Second, who told you that I disagree? I just don’t care if they remove it or not as there are many essential broken things need to be fixed before flashbang…

All for all, and what have you brought up to the discussion? Remove flashbangs then what? What are other alternatives?
So please don’t give me a lecture about discussion…

Goodness Noble, you been getting yourself in some tussles of late.
You feeling ok, comrade?

2 Likes