Please patch killing yourself

horde

(haze3131) #1

I wish they would fix the killing yourself to get more money on horde. I play inconceivable all the time and u still don’t need it. It just gets annoying when people quit or get mad because someone doesn’t know how to pass the boom shot and fire. A good squad doesn’t really need the extra power in my opinion. Has anyone heard if they will patch this?

(xFribbo) #2

It won’t get patched because it isn’t a bug, it’s just a way players have learnt to give a power boost at the start, it may not be a lot but it does help. TC can’t just patch killing yourself, that’s just stupid, think of how op that would be, close range boom or drop and you don’t take damage or die just to prevent people from getting a little extra power.

(haze3131) #3

Ok good point. It just gets frustrating when people quit cause someone won’t air don’t know how to do it and u have to keep starting over. But yeah I get what your saying

(xFribbo) #4

The solution for that would be just to make a looking for group post on Xbox to find other players that want to play and are less likely to quit.

(haze3131) #5

Good idea. Thx

(xFribbo) #6

No worries, happy to help.

(mendigo2005) #7

If that’s the case, that quitter doesn’t deserve to be there. So consider that a good thing, you get rid of an idiot.

No need to patch.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #8

That is so applicable to so many things…

That gets my vote for "quote of the month":joy:

(mendigo2005) #9

:roll_eyes:

(sancris777) #10

It’s basically convincing the world that everyone would benefit from your suicide and I agree its a problem and we should protest in the streets

(H9216M151) #11

That is what u get for playing with garbage players who won’t be able to beat 50 waves of horde without 600 extra power drops.

Anyways…It’s not happening. They haven’t fix so many broken things in here, let alone this1.

(Omen LP) #12

Disable the benefit of the cards until wave 1 starts… Without scout’s deposit bonus killing yourself is pointless.

What about people who kill themselves, then quit, then rejoin, to get double the initial energy, lol… make it so if you join an existing game you start with 0 energy.

There you go easy fixes to energy boosting “tricks”

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #13

I don’t think that’s really an epidemic…

(ll Fruitcake ll) #14

Don’t need to patch it, it’s vary helpful. But I do agree on how annoying players leaving all because they don’t do it, or know how to do it.

(WrinklyHornet34) #15

Leave it as it is because this one is on the players. Yes the starting bonus is handy but if you can’t build without it then don’t play the engineer. As well as that if you quit because someone can’t or won’t suicide then please put the game back in its box and let the rest of us get on with Horde because, in my opinion, you’re an awful player and it is one sad excuse for quitting a game.

(H9216M151) #16

I love it…Simple as that, and while we are at it make it so players start the game with zero energy2.

(mendigo2005) #17

Now there’re 999/1000 quit reasons to solve…

(Potato Boy 025) #18

Quitting due to fabricator placement is an interesting one…
My theory behind this is
Players have this idea that just because a certain setup works once it’ll always be the best setup. This is complete bull***t. The success of your session heavily depends on who you are playing with, yet people feel like fabricator placement is the key to success and will always blame the map for failure.

I Used to think the “only” way to clear hotel was camping outside and then some guy placed fabricator inside and blew my mind. Amazing how naive horde players can be.

Edit

Except for that guy I played with on Clock Tower who put the fab in the middle of the map. That guy was a dipstick.

(mendigo2005) #19

And the solution? Let fabricator out next Gears.
(998 to go…).

I read some vs people talking about “ACTUAL PROBLEMS” in the game… Ok, vs has all that lag/ping/region situation.

But horde too has quite a lot of problems adressed. Horde players themselves, why not? Myself included.

Yesterday I got into Mania insane. Avalanche. Wings 3, 4 and 5 in lobby. I thought “ok, time for a nice run, let’s obliterate some grubs”.

I placed the fabricator inside one of those little houses (not spawn, opposite spawn). Wings 5 immediately left.

Sniper, wings 3, suffered a lot to fire his Markza. The others weren’t also killing much.

Game over.

(Potato Boy 025) #20

Really feels like the quality of mania has dropped even for wings…Not enough people killing or doing their job. This always leaves me conflicted because I can’t tell if I’m doing bad as engineer or if the group just isn’t working together. It’s really irritating to watch drones and juvies consistently melee at my decoy while everyone else is reviving each other or struggling with a single guardian.
This forces me as an engineer to either pickup a dropshot (which is fine) or purchase sentrys (which my cards aren’t setup for)