Please let us disable crossplay across all modes!

I get there are not as many plays on Gears anymore as there once was, so to fill the games you force console players and PC players together in the same match.

(I am aware of the disable option in Ranked but even using that I still come up against PC players)

Problem is, PC have an unreal aim and hit % advantage and being a pure shooting game makes it a lot less fun to play… it’s easily making people turn away from Gears, all you need to do is read through the threads with people begging for crossplay to be disabled to see everyone frustration.
I was in a match earlier, top player had 47 kills and the closest person to them had 10 kills. I know it wasn’t just “skill” or “lag” as everyone on my team were getting 1 shot by the top player. And there was no coincidence that they were playing on a PC.

Before PC players run to the defence, I have both PC and Xbox so I know how much different it is to play on either gaming platform and I know how much easier multiplayer is using a PC, it’s like enabling Beginner mode for multiplayer…

At least add this threat to the list of requests and eventually take away the compulsory crossplay feature!

1 Like

It’s statements like these that undermine your argument and make people assume you are trolling.

4 Likes

Man I only click on threads if I see you’ve responded and I’m never dissapointed.

But to the OP, if you say PC has a hit advantage… No because you can use M&K on console anyways so there’s no real benefit to crossplay, moreso for input crossplay, not Device.

4 Likes

No

1 Like

They put in a block and it’s basically a middle finger to the PC users who bought the game with with Cross-Play advertised as a feature.

Good luck trying to win those players back or any other PC user who might buy your games in the future. Why should we play your games if you put up walls? We’ll take our money elsewhere.

2 Likes

Actually it is skill. I play PC and I ran into console players who are shockingly good. I guess you are not one of them.

3 Likes

This will be a non ISSUE When the SERIES X comes out.
Ill welcome it. But until then. They need to have the option off for now.
Key n mouse DO NOT SCARE ME AT ALL when its a level playing field. But it isnt . Its not even close.
The INPUT LAG is my main issue. If there wasnt an edge. I wouldnt care. There is nothing tht can be done for now.
I just wish this FREAKING THING would be released already ( SERIES X )
I DONT EVEN CARE about the better graphics. ( game already looks gorgous in 1440p on my SAMSUNG C32HG70)
I just want it to run smoother. On par with PC.
Im only getting this series X solely for gears 5 and performance ( power wise) not visuals.
Im just really hoping this takes care of alot of the random b.s. that we have had to deal with since launch. You know. Like ive said a 100 times now. THE FREAKING INPUT LAG. :grin:

1 Like

I play on PC and I have a serius disadvantage with the xbox aim assist with the Gnasher, they doesnt even aim and I get 1 shoot killed. I play without aim assist and I think it doesnt even work with mouse, so I have to aim while xbox players doesnt and I usually lose that 1 vs 1 fight. No kidding.
On the other hand, I have an advantage with the longshot, so i think we are even considering Gnasher is a starter weapon.
Crossplay promoves the variety of gameplay styles, it’s fun to play that way so not everyone is just Gnasher apes.
Also less populated servers will be dead for PCs, so it will be even worst for the game.

2 Likes

Bums like you are the reason it either takes forever or I can’t find matches at all when playing with my PC friends.

3 Likes

I’m always open to hearing legit arguments against crossplay but, as is typical, I’m seeing great exaggerations.
You haven’t even explained if you’re talking about mouse vs controller, or pc vs Xbox, because those are all very different things. I think the pc bogeyman gets blamed for all lost matches.

1 Like

No one wants to hear it, unfortunately. They don’t know the gift they have with aim assist and don’t realize how the Gears movement is designed to be played with a controller. Mouse users have advantages with certain weapons, controller users with others.

When I teamed up on crossplay I used to use this knowledge to my advantage and make sure my console friends acquired sniper when we went against good pc players. If hammer or retro was placed we’d make it a close range battle because that favored our controller players. Rather than using excuses for comfort, we used knowledge for victory.

1 Like

This is just a false theory that’s been dispelled before. And like I remember saying recently with Krylon and his $$$ big rig of a PC, most of the general PC audience can only afford a 4-500$ PC with no better of an internet connection than a standard Console player can find.

I crush PC players often. Normally it’s consoles who are the top of the leaderboard. And the M&K “advantage” you lampshaded over is also false since now you can play Gears on M&K on the Xbox.

1 Like

No, there are no players on PC :frowning:

You think the new console will cure input lag? I play PC and the input lag is ridiculous. Good luck with that 1!

Ummm. Ok. SO wht exactly is the
" FALSE THEORY "

Ok. You play on pc. So just imagine what its like on console.

The theory or idea that the input lag or connections of PC players give them an advantage over Console players.

Gears 5 is a made for console title. Any made for console games console players have the advantage.

The only advantages I see on the PC side of PvP are FOV, frame rate, precision, faster rotation, and recoil control. Then again, you can use a KB/M on the console to get some of these.

1 Like

There is no real advantage from m&k to controller for this game I keep it on and I have no trouble playing PC players I say the more are playing the better faster matches and better players to play .I’m only from onyx 3 to 2 haven’t tried to play much since the season 1 when the game came out but did my placement and got silver 1 and in 3 days of playing for 2 hours only got to onyx 1 in tdm and 2v2 and I have cross play and play on reg controller no need for me to get any elite or k&m.and I see they fixed rank but I don’t see no one saying that no more -1000 points on wins .

1 Like