Please Fix The Matchmaking

As we all know, Gears 5 seems to be the most troublesome of the franchise when it comes to development and online matchmaking.

I just got finished with a match and I’m moreso looking for answers (as I know one complaint will force a change).

This was a TDM lobby that took place around 11:15pm where my team was comprised of:
2 Diamond 1’s
1 Gold 3 (friend)
1 low Onyx 2 (myself)

Whereas the other team was:
2 masters
1 diamond 1
1 diamond 2

In what way, shape or form is that a fair match up? There was 1 party on my team (myself and my friend) while there also being a 2 man party on the other team.

So far, I have to make up a genuine scenario where that is considered a fair match and I would love to get TC’s opinion

Disclaimer.
I have wrote this in the farmed for kills on Koth thread already.

I don’t play a lot of ranked so I was bronze 3, playing with a Gold 2, Onyx 2 and Onyx 3. We were put against a 4 stack of masters all playing on PC’s - one of our Onyx players play PC and comtroller.

It wasn’t balanced…

1 Like

Low playerbase is the answer.

Due to the new tuning, many players have already quit, so the playerbase dropped down even further.
Expect these kind of match up’s occurring often.

A few days ago, I played a TDM match in which my team had three onyx players (including me) and one gold player.

The opponent team had three master players and a diamond player.

Can’t complain but that’s just how it is.

1 Like