Player Ping Differential

Has TC ever talked about addressing the consistent ping differential between players? I always have my matchmaking preferences set to lower ping, but at the cost of playing with other people 40-50+ ms higher ping than me. This causes gameplay to feel inconsistent and I often have to deal with taking damage from a player who’s shooting at where I was instead of mostly where I am.

I’m okay with a little give or take, but when I’m a full body width away from where I was and I get chunked by a player with high ping, it’s very frustrating. I get there has to be some lag compensation to help accommodate the lossy nature of network packets in certain instances, but I think there should be more consistent pings for every player in the match to help with the mentioned inconsistencies.

Thoughts?

1 Like

There’s not enough people lol. That’s all it boils down to. If Gow had the population of Warzone, you’d be fine.

1 Like

Well, they could also just let people have the option to take longer queue times in favor of more consistent matches. I’d gladly wait longer if it meant I didn’t always have to play in these kinds of lobbies.

At the very least, shorten the window for what’s considered an acceptable ping for people that want that.

1 Like

Just matchmake players from Warzone into Gears.

TC sign this man up.

1 Like

Imagine the confusion.
Loads up Warzone
Ends up in a toxic Gears lobby instead
:joy::joy:

1 Like

I play with a ping 35-40 most of the time.

When i play against ping about 1-20 i feel they sponge…
players with ping about 50 -100 and more, there’s sponge too…

Against players ping like me its ok, its fair.

Ping differential is so important…

1 Like

Setting matchmaking settings to ‘lower ping’ means only your ping would be lower. It doesn’t effect other players. You would still encounter players with 100+ ping in your match.

1 Like

You’re right. The point I’m trying to make, though, is that regardless of your matchmaking preferences, the difference in player pings shouldn’t be as steep as they are, as often as they are.

1 Like