Gears Forums

People dropping out of matches early

All I gotta say is I just had 2 people leave the match early in a king of the hill and that basically sealed the deal for the other team unless you are a god there’s no way of winning off those odds I say there needs too be some kind of punishment for leaving matches early, or something that brings other players into the game early match it doesn’t happen too often but when it does it’s highly annoying other than that and a few other things I’ve posted on the game is great and I’m loving it! The online is addicting as hell!!!:heart:

Some people have been issued 2 year bans for quitting, I think they should have suspensions but 2 years is way too harsh

3 Likes

2 years really ?! There’s no way that’s a bit too long lol

1 Like

It happens all the time. Just sucks. Welcome to the club of quitter bashing, it’s all we can do. Hopefully they implement bans like on Gears 4. There is another thread of some one who is banned for 639 days. You can go vent your frustrations out on him. Lol. There is actually some good clowning going on over there.

3 Likes

When you quit 18 of 21 matches that is to light lol.

1 Like

And that was in 1 day. Imagine how many he quit since launch…

2 Likes

Are there any bans going on in Gears5 yet? I hope they start doing it soon. I had a match earlier on koth he played for like two min. He got sniped. Than quit. I checked his profile and he was playing Apex legends. So I had to send some hate mail his way.

3 Likes

I don’t think they should ban quitters at all. I have been so pissed if something happens with my internet or just the game screwing up like it can often do. Them I’m banned from playing a game I payed for HELL NO! Just create quitter lobbies and demote them. They will be bronze or silver quitter lobbies where they can bounce around as much as they want and us diamond, Onyx and Gold can play serious competitive fun matches. This multiplayer is broken as hell though so I don’t blame anyone for quitting. If you a just playing your first matches and this crappy game matches you against diamond players what fun is that? This is a game to enjoy. Not work.

2 Likes

Don’t play rank than. It you can meet the minimum requirements for internet why even try rank. I know what your gonna say you paid for the game and can do whatever you want and that is true. But many of use grind for the rank and to have someone quit or drop out sucks. If you can’t rejoin the match because of your crappy internet there is no reason to even try rank at all. Seriously I’m talking about fools that straight quit and go play another game, why even start a Koth match, or any match if you just rage quit.

He played for it. That’s robbery! Give me your $60 and now you can’t play because we put you against players that have been playing Gears 10 years all the time and you supposed to sit there and get your butt kicked for the course of these 30-45 minute matches. Im a veteran Gear and a diamond player and I have teammates that seem like they don’t even know what a lancer is. It’s sickening and TC will lose all their credibility from this horrible crap debut. I hate quitters too. But I can understand with the current state of the multiplayer.

Getting my ■■■ kicked is what drives me to get better. I haven’t been playing this game since the beginning but I been playing for years. I practice and try to learn from better players how they killed me etc etc how they move. Seems to me your content with where your skill level is. There is no participating trophies here. You need to be handy with that steel. Gotta earn your keep. Lol

1 Like

I agree, I play esports but you have to crawl before you walk and walk before you run. Putting a JV basketball player in the NBA finals. He won’t learn that quick and it ruins the fun for him and me

It’s early bro. The ranks are not set yet all these gamepass fools. You know the matchmaking will get better. I play solo. I was close to diamond on gears 4. So I’m a onxy 3 at best. When I’m pared with sorry fools. I completely abandoned the objective and straight worry about my k/d and gaining any kind of rank points with that lost. If my team is playing hard I’ll do whatever it takes to get that win. Even if I need to play support on these lancer maps. But these fools that quit out to fortnight or Apex or you tube. No love for them they need to be banned.

1 Like

Ban them but Just from serous matches. Keep them separate from the real players but let them have their fun. They paid $60 bucks for the game I would Demand a refund or sue. These 600+ day suspensions. Give me my money back.

1 Like

He can still play social. There was a Twitter statement when they look into his account he quit 18 of 21 escalation matches in one day lol. Imagine what he did the whole time.

StarSpawn
⭐️
🎮
@starspawn_

·

7h

Replying to

@danasissons

This guy caught a 640 day ban

😆

Suspended for 640 DAYS after quitting
reddit.com

Dana Sissons
@danasissons

·

6h

We looked into this person’s account and, in the last day alone, he has played 21 escalation matches and quit 18 of them.

1 Like

Your post, can it be any bigger? :rofl:

3 Likes

That is exactly how i play, although i am guilty of quitting a handful of really badly matched or lagging games.

1 Like

Do you play console or PC?

Console