PC PLAYERS! Answer me this.... Pls

Imma change my graphics card to a R9 280 or RX 560, will this stop crashes? :confused:

Or do you recommend another graphics card?

Tbh, crashes can be caused by a multitude of reasons, so a change in GPU may or may not solve this.

The best way to know is to try though.

And the best way to try is always to start from fresh.

Clean Windows Install

Drivers

Updates

Programs

Game Install

Then, shouldn’t have any issues unless hardware is to blame.

But if you just want to swap out your GPU and try then it’s easy to do at least.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve done most things other than change graphics card, so imma do that next and see what happens

Hope it fixes your issues :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I’ve got the RX 560, kinda wish I’d gone for the RX 570. When I first put it in, the game crashed over and over again. Updating to the latest drivers and fiddling with the settings seem to have fixed that. Pretty much never crashes now.

Is there a big difference between the two?

And the crashing stopped recently? :o:
Thanks for the reply btw!

The 560 only comes in 4gb, I think, whereas you can get a 570 8gb. Vram is the bottleneck for me on Gears 5.

Still plays well at 60 FPS, sometimes higher, but the textures on lower settings are pretty meh.

1 Like

Right! I’ll aim for the RX 570! Thanks man!

1 Like

What type of crashes? Crash to desktop is one thing. Crash/hang between rounds/map selection is another. You might find that a new GPU fixes one crash but not another.

Well the game crashes once I press enter on loading it up…

Before this I use to crash mid game at around 15 mins in of playing. But now it crashes on the start menu.

And the type of crash is that my pc restarts up completely as if you switched it on

I have the MSI rx580 4gb. I have to overclock it slightly for 144hrtz . But I don’t crash. The XFX Radeon RX 580 8gb 168.00$ on Amazon right now. The card you have is way weak. Gears 5 is graphic intense. Especially online play.

If you’re putting money into a GPU, might be a good idea to go above 4gb vram in 2020. Will carry you a bit further into the future as vram is being utilized more and more these days.

2 Likes

It depends on your budget.
The 1660 and 1660Ti are great mid-range cards.

If I were you, I’d wait more for big navi. Also, R9 280, XFX has too many problems, don’t even dare buy it!