PC FPS studder bug

It seems that after playing gears 5 for awhile (2-3+ hours) the games FPS starts to studder, after a few hours my fps studders between 100-144 fps, but for extended periods of play it drops to 50-144 fps.

This seems new from TU4.

@TC_Octus

Anyone else having this problem?

I had this issue way before TU4.

This is with a 2080ti.

The only fix I’ve found is to reboot the game.

I also have a 2080TI, so this might be a GPU problem, although i never noticed a problem before TU4

My friend also had the issue.

He reverted back to the Game Ready driver that came out with CoD:MW and said his issue has disappeared.

1 Like

I have noticed this since first release, right after tech test, I only reverted back to Game Ready Driver to reduce the effect.

Multiple factors that could have some effect too:

• Xbox beta, make sure you don’t use that utter garbage, it always stutter my game and sometimes froze my PC.
  • Google Chrome, a RAM gluttony, make sure to close it.

I have 2080TI water cooled, and an overclocked CPU but still witness a huge FPS decrement and the only solution is to restart the game as per what @Krylon_Blue says.

Cheers,

If I go past the September driver,

I get constant micro-stutters.

Only in this game, obviously.

So this issue is still persising.

@Surly_McGruff
@mjrdecision

Any news or updates on this?

It definitely is.

I get it after my 5th match every time. My FPS counter doesn’t show any performance drops but my games running very poorly. I can see and feel the unresponsiveness as can all of my friends. The only ones that don’t seem to experience it are those who have reverted their drivers back.

1 Like

Well decided to try this since I will be playing gears more come op 4, and it broke gears.

Looks like im gonna have to wait until a fix comes, if one comes.

Edit: tagging @TC_Sera

1 Like

Thanks for the tag - do you have a ticket in support as well?

I dont, what info would be needed for a ticket?

1 Like

Same details you posted in the initial post, along with any specs you can pass along about the system you are playing on, for a start. From there, support may ask for any other information they could need.

Sending these kind of issues into support also helps support track them

2 Likes

Ticket submitted, ticket number is 41428

Edit since i cant reply again:
@TC_Sera Just to let you know, this bug is still present in operation 4, and the criteria and effects of the bug are also the same.

2 Likes

@GhostofDelta2
@Krylon_Blue
@III_EnVii_III
@Dreamz_Maker

Has this been fixed in the new update? I dont play on PC anymore so I cannot test myself.

2 Likes

Hey,

I’m going to check after the update and let you know ASAP, but I doubt it is gone though as it was getting worse after each’s like a tide…

2 Likes

I didn’t have the issue until this update.

2 Likes

By any chance, yall play with a controller connected via bluetooth?

M/K wired.

Controller Wired.

I believe it’s still there, a lot of people clearing temporary files and running through maps a few times saying it’s fixed but others saying it’s not.

I’m currently bypassing Crossplay Toggle and playing on SX until AMDs are out as I believe a lot of 3000 series cards having performance issues.