PC, EU ranked and crossplay - something must be done

I’m talking out of frustration here.
I’m gmt+1 and I’ve unsuccessfully tried to get a koth match for 3 hours straight.
I play from PC and I’ve basically stared at my fav character’s model all morning, also the estimated wait time counter kept saying less than 1 minute
Also saw all my console friends playing ranked matches one after the other, tried to get in a squad with a few of them only to waste their time

I’d rather this not become another discussion about keyboard or mouse advantage rather than a population one, please be civil

update: got my first match at 12:25

TC have talked about potentially not having a Crossplay toggle but this would be very controversial and I respect console players having whatever reason for opting out of it, I would however say that it should be tried with it on before making that decision because it isn’t any different really, in a game like Gears, it just doesn’t give the advantages people think it does, I’ve played and lost to Xbox players just like PC players.

But anyway,

What you can do is;

Team up with a US East Player - this will enable multiple regions to be searched and you’re more likely to find games than struggling with EUs much smaller playerbase.

Having a high ping isn’t always bad as strangely, the game can work better.

The only other thing really is to have a VPN and go down that route but this will result in a slightly higher ping than just having a US player in squad.

Apart from that, it’s up to TC to allow expanding player pools and regions after a set time.

I’ve made countless threads and posts calling for this but so, been ignored.

TC didn’t help when they took away server selection and made matchmaking strict.

Team up with a US East Player - this will enable multiple regions to be searched and you’re more likely to find games than struggling with EUs much smaller playerbase.
Having a high ping isn’t always bad as strangely, the game can work better.

I already know this, but I don’t really agree with your statement about the ping
I feel a lot of difference in consistency with up As and reaction shots, I feel like I can sponge more but I don’t really want to play like that
also wallbouncing and strafing lose visual consistency

also pings while connecting to the US shuffle a lot, I can range from an ‘acceptable’ 120ish to 200 which is borderline unplayable
I often join UK players with decent results, I’m from Italy and it seems the only option

and I respect console players having whatever reason for opting out of it

to me it should not be up to the players
even if this kind of decision benefits me, I still want to say in all fairness that people tend to willingly avoid uncomfortable situations such as this one

I’ve played and lost to Xbox players just like PC players

exactly
PC players are way less than console, even a couple each match on an already small ranked population shouldn’t be that of a problem

One thing to note on pc I’ve noted for some reason my nat type won’t always be open so prior to loading gears I have to go into windows settings gaming option then down to network and cycle through till nat type is open otherwise I can’t find matches easily if at all
Not sure if this could be ur issue or not but figured I’d offer the info

Port forwarding is another. So is using an Ethernet cable plugged directly into your modem. These two help a lot.