Pandemic Delivery Driver Mac

In light of the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and newfound appreciation for delivery drivers, I think a pandemic themed version of the classic delivery driver Mac skin is in order. The new version should wear a mask, latex gloves, and numerous bottles of hand sanitizer in his belt. Anyone else think the skin would be a day-one buy? Would someone create the artwork for it? They could even write a backstory around it.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I second and support this idea.

I thought games were a way to escape reality. But I already see people wearing masks in GTAO as a joke.

2 Likes

What if I just really like Left 4 Dead?

1 Like

Yeah we need escapism. I’m going to go play The Divison, a game about NYC under lockdown due to a virus. Completely unrealistic :smile:

5 Likes

I was just thinking about this

Technically–DOOM Eternal has something to do about a global infection–of Demons.

But it still counts, right?

2 Likes

Whoa spoiler alert

1 Like

Oh sorry, I’ll edit it right now.

Good work

No. Delivery driver mac was and still is a horrible skin.

2 Likes

And when it is finally over with, people playing said character could then be accused of being offensive. People are dying of this Coronacrap, and you want it in a game. I wonder how the people suffering would take this, as a Gears fan, and a high risk of getting Coronacrap, i find this, distasteful.

5 Likes

Support your local nurses and doctors

1 Like

This idea seems pretty tasteless to me right now. But yeah I agree. :wink:

I’d support an exclusive skin being created and sold where the proceeds go toward a medical organisation who are helping to manage the Covid-19 situation, but I don’t think there’s any need for the skin to reference the pandemic in any way. It could just be a COG Gear in a shiny metallic [insert preferred colour] or something. I mean, the Johnny COG Gear (which supports the Gamer’s Outreach project for children in hospitals) is essentially that right?

1 Like

COVID-19 MAC could really work… I would buy him for sure :slight_smile:

Yeah. A cool skin with animated armor that I can buy for 20 bucks with the proceeds going to help feed people during this time.

COD did it for Australia with the wildfire they had. They made a good amount of money for that cause.

I would do it for free if its for helping people with no money to eat of course,. they don’t have to give me any Gears 5 skin in ruturn. .

There are some charities going on right now where you can donate.