Pahanu is a good map but here is my advice!

Pahanu has beautiful atmosphere and a good old style gear map. The map is more lancer focused but that’s not a bad thing as every map can’t be gnasher only focused maps. But my advice for this map since it is more lancer heavy is remove the mulcher and the lancer lg as that adds more lancer focused gun play to the map. Maybe switch to boom and snipers. Anyway just thought it would help getting rid of 2 more weapons that add to the lancerfest. Otherwise I’m loving the map. I know most are not thow cause of this specific reason.

I don’t understand why a map this large doesn’t have a Longshot or two. This is the perfect map for it and yet there isn’t even one.

2 Likes

Probably a good map for guardian.

2 Likes

True snipers would make the map better in my opinion

And Guardian isn’t ranked anymore.
What a coincidence.

1 Like

The map is absolutely ■■■. It’s terrible for KOTH and TDM as well as horde. I can’t believe a map this bad made it through testing.

1 Like

I don’t know, I didn’t try it on versus yet.

I played in this map for the first time today and my initial thoughts were - I know this map has to be a pain for versus players, lol. I can only imagine. I’ve stopped playing PvP because of it’s issues.

Can anyone verify if this is true for versus, if this map is horrible in there?

1 Like

Was okay for gridiron. Koth was absolutely crazy. Haven’t played tdm on it yet.

2 Likes

After watching the stream revealing the map and seeing it’s true scale, I thought the same exact thing. It would be perfect way to balance the map, as anyone choosing to Lancer as suppressive or support fire would have to be mindful of getting their heads popped.

1 Like

Pahanu its not a good map for the following reasons:

1. Its too open … for horde it just doesnt work.
  2. It doesnt resembles a real jungle it looks like a texas forest or a zoo park in Brownsville.
  3. first and foremost it doesnt reseble also like the Jungle in Predator:

Why does it have to resemble a real jungle? The location is some island on Sera, not Earth, and it’s more of a swamp than anything else.

3 Likes
  1. that is correct @AmicableWall421 it does look like a swamp which doesnt make that location a war place , it’s more suitable to be a jungle , since most 80’s movies took place in those locations like in movies as PLATOON, PREDATOR and THE THIN RED LINE.

2. You have to agree that having a Real Jungle as a map in Gears 5 well it would give you the sensation that you are in the movie Predator and thats what makes the game special… to be in a war like in Gears of War 3 :slight_smile:

The Jungle also allows people to have deep conversations .

Yeah it’s a fun map. I agree snipers would be nice.

Literally every map on Gears 5-besides Allfathers-caters to Lancers

1 Like

Its a swamp @Link23809 it looks like a Florida Swamp… its not even a jungle…

1 Like

Lmao

1 Like

we requiere a Jungle instead of a swamp hahahahaha :smile: we require the WAR scenery again my friend @Link23809 hahahaha

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Daniel, have you been to Florida?

1 Like

yes man I’ve been there 3 or 4 times… @TC_Clown

1 Like