Pack golden card problem

I bought 25 boxes and did not give a gold card in this pack! How it is? then I bought it and gave it hard. very rare. They could change that.

RNG…nuff said

1 Like

I presume you’re referring to the Lambent packs?

The key thing you need to remember, is that the 5-card 2,000cr packs gaurantee you at least one card that is at least Epic or higher. However there are more cards in this series (two weapon sets plus three characters, and an emblem); and there are lots of Epic+ cards fullstop. There are the two Epic characters; the 14 Imulsion weapons; and the Legendary character. And on top of that it’s padded by launch title characters that are all Epic grade cards, so basically the odds are really poor from the off unfortunately. Basically it’s designed to eat up credits.

2 Likes

Thanks…

Unfortunately every pack TC creates is designed to sh** on the customer, they just operate that way, no respect for us as fans and no limit on how hard they rip us off, I hate that they are making me dislike the game as a result and I genuinely don’t want to see them succeed anymore, just sick of their greed…

1 Like

Unfortinitly its not just TC but a sad pratice frrom all developers. Lets just thank the free 2 play games that started this trend.

1 Like

I know it’s not just them, it’s just they are especially filthy, for example, Assassins Creed also has packs but NO RNG involved if you’re paying cash, you get EXACTLY what you pay for and it’s not cheap but at least you’re not getting f***** over for SUPPORTING THE GAME AND THE COMPANY. TC is on EA’s level, bottom of the barrel.

I do agree with you, but the bigger problem are the people buying this sh*t. If it for them this practice would have gone out the window a long time ago

1 Like

Yes, it’s true, if no one supported this model it wouldn’t be implemented, how sad is it that companies use something innocent as a video game, which people played for 10+ years and is a part of their childhood, and involve Las Vegas level game-of-chance design to lure people into paying for a shot at a character model to play the very game we already paid for, I truly hope Gears 5 is a flop, don’t see how else will they understand that things must change.

This is where I have to disagree with you. I really do hope Gears 5 is successful because it is 1 of my favorite franchises and I love the lore of the Gears Universe. What I really do hope is that TC is listening to its fans and cuts the RNG out. People will buy the skins regardless. Hell I personally think MORE people will buy if its a set price

Of course, but this one is worse than other packs for je reasons I mentioned. Including launch skins is no different, but these Lambent packs have 2 weapon sets, one of which is entirely Epic cards.

Normally featured packs just have one weapon set of 5 Epic weapons and 9 Rare, emblem and 2-3 characters so statistically it’s just worse this time.

1 Like

I love Gears Of War, it’s by far my most played game ever, that’s why I am this pissed off, partially at myself for letting them rip me off once again after I’ve spent more than 350€ on packs alone from the start, of course I want Gears Of War to prosper, I support it with money consistently even though I barely played for the past month but I want them to stop taking us for granted and start doing things more fairly, like, they sell us first 10 esport series with RNG, then they let us purchase chars individually KNOWING that lots of people spent money betting on a chance, then again they release next series and put RNG back just to have these same characters sell separately in 2 or 3 months down the road, as much as I love the GEARS OF WAR it’s TC that keeps s******* on me and others that are trying to support them and pay their salaries thus keeping this franchise alive, it’s just not cool :angry:

Yea but thats like people getting mad at others for buying a xbox a year after its release and getting mad because they got it at a discount. You can only be mad that you bought them with RNG.

Look bud, I never complained about them putting separate characters on sale individually, it’s a step in a right direction actually and I prefer it that way, I am merely pointing out how TC keeps selling us a lie, telling us to get these characters in these packs for a LIMITED TIME only and then after a few months they put the same “EXCLUSIVE” characters on sale to buy directly, but first they dangle them on bait and sell in RNG packs with TERRIBLE odds, it’s like it’s a gamble or a lottery and THAT is the problem, it’s a video game and these are character models to play as, so ok, put them on RNG if you MUST, but at least make it so the odds are more in our favor.

How can they defend against me spending 40€ and getting the same exact character 4 times in a row, like what is that, I got nothing against GEARS OF WAR but these “business” practices are dirty and TC need to hear it, but they just ignore posts like this and keep doing the same thing to people that support them continuously. That’s what’s messed up.

3 Likes

English .exe not working

Sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were also upset with the fact that TC released individual characters for sale. But also in regards to what you were saying no where on the esports site does it say that the items are exclusive. . Also Ive said this on numerous post that after pack 4 or 5 and their first purchase no one has anyone to blame but themselves . Between the esport site and the amount ofthreads on here people knew what hey were getting into

1 Like

BraveHearts GG has good points especially on the RNG, it wouldn’t be soo bad if they at least did away with this stupid limited time crap (I hate that the most) and reduce the negativity of RNG by removing craftable items from premium packs that are only obtainable with real money. I bet you a lot more people would buy the esports packs much more frequently if they got what they paid for or at least didn’t get trolled as much (like I did when I tried to also get the black steel savage Theron).

1 Like

It’s all good, we’re both fans of Gears and I know what bugged you most is when I said that I hope Gears 5 flops which in all honesty I would never want to see, all I want is for TC to treat us better and not like cash cows only, but you are absolutely right in regard to we’re only to blame ourselves for buying these packs in the first place, I wanted to vent a little after purchasing and I felt swindled, so thanks for the convo :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

To be fair, I totally understand your perspective and to an extent share it. If companies become so profit driven that they financially exploit their customers, and refuse to listen to customers and act ethically then the only way to hit them is in the wallet.

And fans haven’t been unreasonable. The majority of fans have said that they would pay for exclusive content such as eSports custom skins, but RNG should be removed and we should have 100% direct purchases. Where real money is spent, then RNG has no place in such transactions.

3 Likes

Yeah bro, fully agreed :smile:

1 Like