Operation 8 - Retroactive Achievements

I think that the problem is the 2+ hours to finish 1 to 50 and how much time you will spend waiting for a full team (Before this announcement, I spent 3 days trying to complete Regency on frenzy. First, no one likes that map for horde, and we lose between wave 3 and 6)

Also, with these new achievements more players who maybe don’t play a lot of horde/escape will be willing to join master runs.

5 Likes

Definitely 1 - 50 takes way too long only for the matriarch to destroy everything at wave 40

I haven’t attempted some of the maps

My discord may help find players as its got roles for pve an pvp [ not going to garuntee people will still join but it may be helpful ]

2 Likes

Regency, River and Gridlock were the maps when no one joined, but Regency takes the prize of the least liked map of those 3.

Pahanu is another, but I had the luck to complete it on frenzy and 1-50 the month when it was released.

1 Like

Assuming they track correctly otherwise who knows how many runs it’ll take.

2 Likes

Agreed, so dumb. They should correct that but only beating the 50 waves, that way needs effort but fairly

Seriously achievements have always been around since Gears 1 and they have always been time consuming, lol

Can we get a dedicated tracker for Seriously 5.0 chapter 2 with a checklist style list.
As we all know Xbox tracker sometimes doesn’t want to update.

4 Likes

Just made a blog post over on TA.

Read it if you want, or don’t. I don’t care. Reply to this message if you want, or don’t. I won’t be coming back to read it.

Good bye everyone.

16 Likes

I just respond to your topic only because in your post you said that boost is only purchased with real money, but there are Iron on the ToD. I bought 30 days with the free-iron on ToD, and just for this new operation I have the iron to “buy” 30 days again.

I know that you wouldn’t read this, but it’s for the other players who maybe forgot about iron on ToD.

Also, sad to know that a fellow Gears achiever is leaving, but I understand why you do it and I said thanks for your guide on TA about Gears POP! and good luck grinding in other games :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Don’t forget though, boost was MUCH more expensive at launch.

1200 for 30 days.

2 Likes

I feel the same sadly.

Gonna wrap up Gears 5 and stick to other games.

Good luck with your future games.

5 Likes

Thanks, I just forgot about that.

I wasn’t interested on buying boost on the first operation because of the many bug/glitches and I didn’t do the math on how long I would be max re-up with the old EXP system

2 Likes

Like some kind of a War Journal from Gears 3/Judgment ?

(Sorry for the bad image, but could not find another).

It may not exist for the other stuff atm but for the Inconceivable Campaign and the Horde/Escape Masters(particularly the latter) the in-game stats show the highest difficulty completion and the Horde/Escape stats have a checklist for all Master completions on their own.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. That blog post hurts, because I feel your pain.

4 Likes

I know you probably won’t see this, but goodbye, and good luck. You have been a great help to this community. I completely understand your point of view and support it.

4 Likes

It’s not so hard to track you can see what you already mastered and what not… Except Campaign Chapters which sucks because it’s the only thing I need for 5.0 chapter 2 and I don’t know which I skipped on inconceivable guess I have to do the whole campaign again

I have seen multiple people complain about the stats in game not tracking correctly so that is why I think TC should add a dedicated tracker (Which will also break knowing TC)

1 Like

Did you do/get the “That’s Inconceivable!” achievement? That’s for completing the campaign on Incon. So if you have that, you should be good for Seriously Ch2

1 Like

No I didn’t really grind for it this kind of campaign achievements I always do last.
Because in gears 4 I did it at the beginning and later they released an higher difficulty achievement and I had to do it all again. It’s not that I can’t do it 2x but it feels a bit boring doing camping again and again