Operation 8 - Retroactive Achievements

It was already stupid that they removed all of the earned xp. And now we have to re-earn it. That’s just a bad joke.

7 Likes

Actually…the ridiculous things…not all will apply to everyone…delete as appropriate…

Buying a made-up in-game currency in a videogame (textbook predatory behaviour, gg TC)

To spend on a predatory system (gg TC) that advances one’s progress through an XP system that is both completely arbitrary and designed with monetizaton at its core

To then spend hour after hour after hour grinding out levels in said XP system

For an achievement or two

In a mediocre videogame

To then complain a few months back when said XP levels were reduced (essentially wasting all that time and iron and boost) and xp was lost

To then complain that new XP levels are being added with that potentially lost XP not being returned (still unconfirmed I believe)

To buying more made-up in-game currency in a videogame (textbook predatory behaviour, gg TC)

To spend on a predatory system (gg TC) that advances one’s progress through an XP system that is both completely arbitrary and designed with monetizaton at its core

To then spend hour after hour after hour grinding out levels in said XP system

That is potentially nothing more than earning again some of XP you had taken away

For an achievement or two

In a mediocre videogame.

And I’ve missed a lot out.

Edit - Now, that’s not to say I don’t get the potential anger should the lost XP not be returned, we don’t know yet, so just idle speculation. Potentially being eslapped in the face, when there’s such personal investment involved, would be absurdly poor.

But everything above is, in some way, a consumer issue. TC are a business. I don’t agree with their predatory actions, but businesses are predatory. You want to feed into that, good for you, but that’s also on you.

4 Likes

Just want to be sure I am reading this right, we need to Master every horde map twice, once in 50-wave, and once in Frenzy, correct?

2 Likes

Yeah 2x…

Sucks.

3 Likes

Is there any plan or way to provide feedback for future DLCs and Gears games that these achievement requirements are a bit too ridiculous?

Its one thing to say “ok beat the game on difficult” but what Gears does is always so over the top, often requiring more hours than a full time job does over 6 months.

Im sure you can see the data of how many people unlock these things, and must be able to work out its not a test of skill anymore. I get not everyone will unlock every achievement but the fact you cant play 5+ hours a day to get these things (not just in Gears 5, the previous Gears games too) shouldnt be the blocker.

7 Likes

What’s the big deal?! Quit your job! It’s one thing to work for 8 hours a day, but this is Gears, you should be dedicated enough to play at least 12 hours a day including weekends :smiley: Anyway with the current state of the world, FUBAR, there’s plenty of time for Seriously No Life 5.0. I love it how they shortened things like Gears of War is just Gears 5, and Seriously No Life is now just Seriously. Oh, wait that one was always like that? Ah ok.

5 Likes

Thanks sharing in discord

if you’ve done frenzy then 1 - 50 shouldn’t be that bad

I think that the problem is the 2+ hours to finish 1 to 50 and how much time you will spend waiting for a full team (Before this announcement, I spent 3 days trying to complete Regency on frenzy. First, no one likes that map for horde, and we lose between wave 3 and 6)

Also, with these new achievements more players who maybe don’t play a lot of horde/escape will be willing to join master runs.

5 Likes

Definitely 1 - 50 takes way too long only for the matriarch to destroy everything at wave 40

I haven’t attempted some of the maps

My discord may help find players as its got roles for pve an pvp [ not going to garuntee people will still join but it may be helpful ]

2 Likes

Regency, River and Gridlock were the maps when no one joined, but Regency takes the prize of the least liked map of those 3.

Pahanu is another, but I had the luck to complete it on frenzy and 1-50 the month when it was released.

1 Like

Assuming they track correctly otherwise who knows how many runs it’ll take.

2 Likes

Agreed, so dumb. They should correct that but only beating the 50 waves, that way needs effort but fairly

Seriously achievements have always been around since Gears 1 and they have always been time consuming, lol

Can we get a dedicated tracker for Seriously 5.0 chapter 2 with a checklist style list.
As we all know Xbox tracker sometimes doesn’t want to update.

4 Likes

Just made a blog post over on TA.

Read it if you want, or don’t. I don’t care. Reply to this message if you want, or don’t. I won’t be coming back to read it.

Good bye everyone.

16 Likes

I just respond to your topic only because in your post you said that boost is only purchased with real money, but there are Iron on the ToD. I bought 30 days with the free-iron on ToD, and just for this new operation I have the iron to “buy” 30 days again.

I know that you wouldn’t read this, but it’s for the other players who maybe forgot about iron on ToD.

Also, sad to know that a fellow Gears achiever is leaving, but I understand why you do it and I said thanks for your guide on TA about Gears POP! and good luck grinding in other games :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Don’t forget though, boost was MUCH more expensive at launch.

1200 for 30 days.

2 Likes

I feel the same sadly.

Gonna wrap up Gears 5 and stick to other games.

Good luck with your future games.

5 Likes

Thanks, I just forgot about that.

I wasn’t interested on buying boost on the first operation because of the many bug/glitches and I didn’t do the math on how long I would be max re-up with the old EXP system

2 Likes