Operation 8 - Retroactive Achievements

Since revealing the achievements for Operation 8 we’ve received feedback when it comes to what achievements are retroactive, see below for a full list of achievements that will work retroactively.

• A Real Gear – Should you be re-up 50 at the start of Operation 8 this achievement will automatically unlock
  • Seriously 5.0 Chapter 2 – We will track the following retroactively
    • 50 re-ups
    • Finishing the campaign on Inconceivable
    • Mastering all 32 Escape Hives
    • Mastering all Horde Maps in 50 and Frenzy Modes (Note: This achievement will also include the two maps arriving in Operation 8 - Drop 2).
    • Getting all PvE classes to Level 20.
  • In Total Control, Back in Style, Grave Consequences, Destroyed Beauty, Chamber of Horrors, Take Command and Breezing through – If you’ve already completed the requirements of these achievements prior to the update they’ll unlock.
  • Total Annihilation – Should you have attained 400,000,000 damage in either Horde or Escape prior to the update you will get this achievement, if you haven’t gotten this achievement yet your progress has been tracked up to this point so you can continue onwards towards it.

Any achievements not mentioned will not be retroactively tracked so you’ll need to complete these achievements from the start.

We hope this clears some stuff up!

26 Likes

Thank you for this post!

2 Likes

Excellent. I know most of it was obvious but thank you for this.

5 Likes

Grabs popcorn and awaits the re up mastery crowd.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

@TC_Shauny

How will Seriously 5.0 Chapter 2 track? The in game stats do not match the website stats. Stats looked to be broken since start of op7.

5 Likes

Ugh… I ■■■■■■■ called it. God dammit.

3 Likes

The potential whining if they don’t get that XP back…gold in waiting. I cannot wait :laughing:

I bet Boost sales still rocket though. Hahaha.

Call it whining, but when you spent over a thousand hours grinding to get to 80 million XP, it’s normal to feel dejected when that XP is TAKEN AWAY from you.

14 Likes

Is XP towards re-up 60 retroactive? @TC_Shauny

1 Like

Ignore him. He is some clueless random who the ezmode reup50 benefited. The ridiculous thing is that 64 million out of 84 million was taken away from players, which is fine if they weren’t adding more reups. But of course, they add more re ups to try to get boost sales. Didn’t pay a cent on these micro transactions and never will.

5 Likes

Before players are asking about a list of retroactive and not retroactive new achievements, here is the list of the new achievements that AREN’T retroactive:

Legendary Operator - Reach Legend 25 in an operation

Re-Up Mastery - Reach Re-Up 60

Event Planner - Win 10 matches in Versus Events

Last Rites - Win a Versus match on Ritual

Bernie is Back - Win 5 Versus matches with Bernie

Trusted Advisor - Win 5 Versus matches with Vrol

7 Likes

It was already stupid that they removed all of the earned xp. And now we have to re-earn it. That’s just a bad joke.

7 Likes

Actually…the ridiculous things…not all will apply to everyone…delete as appropriate…

Buying a made-up in-game currency in a videogame (textbook predatory behaviour, gg TC)

To spend on a predatory system (gg TC) that advances one’s progress through an XP system that is both completely arbitrary and designed with monetizaton at its core

To then spend hour after hour after hour grinding out levels in said XP system

For an achievement or two

In a mediocre videogame

To then complain a few months back when said XP levels were reduced (essentially wasting all that time and iron and boost) and xp was lost

To then complain that new XP levels are being added with that potentially lost XP not being returned (still unconfirmed I believe)

To buying more made-up in-game currency in a videogame (textbook predatory behaviour, gg TC)

To spend on a predatory system (gg TC) that advances one’s progress through an XP system that is both completely arbitrary and designed with monetizaton at its core

To then spend hour after hour after hour grinding out levels in said XP system

That is potentially nothing more than earning again some of XP you had taken away

For an achievement or two

In a mediocre videogame.

And I’ve missed a lot out.

Edit - Now, that’s not to say I don’t get the potential anger should the lost XP not be returned, we don’t know yet, so just idle speculation. Potentially being eslapped in the face, when there’s such personal investment involved, would be absurdly poor.

But everything above is, in some way, a consumer issue. TC are a business. I don’t agree with their predatory actions, but businesses are predatory. You want to feed into that, good for you, but that’s also on you.

4 Likes

Just want to be sure I am reading this right, we need to Master every horde map twice, once in 50-wave, and once in Frenzy, correct?

2 Likes

Yeah 2x…

Sucks.

3 Likes

Is there any plan or way to provide feedback for future DLCs and Gears games that these achievement requirements are a bit too ridiculous?

Its one thing to say “ok beat the game on difficult” but what Gears does is always so over the top, often requiring more hours than a full time job does over 6 months.

Im sure you can see the data of how many people unlock these things, and must be able to work out its not a test of skill anymore. I get not everyone will unlock every achievement but the fact you cant play 5+ hours a day to get these things (not just in Gears 5, the previous Gears games too) shouldnt be the blocker.

7 Likes

What’s the big deal?! Quit your job! It’s one thing to work for 8 hours a day, but this is Gears, you should be dedicated enough to play at least 12 hours a day including weekends :smiley: Anyway with the current state of the world, FUBAR, there’s plenty of time for Seriously No Life 5.0. I love it how they shortened things like Gears of War is just Gears 5, and Seriously No Life is now just Seriously. Oh, wait that one was always like that? Ah ok.

5 Likes

Thanks sharing in discord

if you’ve done frenzy then 1 - 50 shouldn’t be that bad