Operation 6: Title Reveal & Timing Changes

OPERATION 6 – REVEAL & TIMING CHANGES

Victor Hoffman clutching some cog tags while kneeling in a graveyard

Hello everyone!

The time has arrived to start talking about Operation 6!

TWO DROPS PER OPERATION

Based on feedback from the community, we spent the holiday period reorganizing planned Operations to give you more content more often. This change will see the length of our operations shortened from 16 weeks to 11 weeks.

Additionally, we know that you’ve all loved us releasing mid-operation content such as the Carmines pack, so we’re going to be shifting our Operations to two content drops per operation: one launch drop and one mid-op drop, each drop will contain at least one map and two new characters.

And with that, let’s move over to the content!

NEW CHARACTERS

COLONEL VICTOR HOFFMAN

Victor Hoffman holding a lancer inside a bunker

A soldier to the core, Colonel Victor Hoffman was instrumental in leading the COG to victory against the UIR and Locust. To meet the Swarm threat, the retired commander founded Scorpio Squad as a return to his favored approach: to strike the enemy where they live.

QUEEN REYNA

Queen Reyna with her arms stretched out about to strike

Transformed after death, Queen Reyna is the prime conduit through which the Swarm hive-mind courses. Once an Outsider leader and mother of Kait Diaz, Reyna’s reawakening now poses a threat of existential proportions to the humans of Sera.

LOCUST ZEALOT

A Locust Zealot in a leaping stance

The Locust Zealot is the result of Ukkon’s experiments with Imulsion and Kantus physiology. These religious fanatics are unique in their ferocity and unmatched in their devotion to eradicating humanity from the planet.

NEW MAP

SPEYER

Evacuated long ago, this district is a picture of the pre-Locust-war life. Its opulent interiors and quaint plazas are suited to longer-range engagements. Controlling the sanctuary requires winning close-quarters fights while teams must coordinate to dominate the sprawling academy.

AND THAT’S NOT ALL…

We have a number of posts that’ll be releasing during the week covering the other aspects of Operation 6, make sure to keep your eye out for those!

TC

12 Likes

http://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/promised-store-update-not-happening/57847/5

3 Likes

I just hope Speyer isn’t the only map.

Is that a redone version of Classic Hoffman?

AND HOLY ■■■■ QUEEN REYNA. Should she be the new leader for Guardian?

9 Likes

So are they going to be dropping previous content like characters and weapons skins in the last week?

We’re looking into that at the moment

6 Likes

TC needs to sort this map production issue out for the next game

either get a solid plan for giving the players a good amount of maps at decent intervals or develop a way to import maps from Gears4/5 with very minimal effort. 1 week porting process.

6 months to build maps shows us you’re not serious about supporting the game when MTX junk is far more plentiful each and every operation.

13 Likes

I hope you’re joking regarding the maps

That’s laughably low

18 Likes

Excited for the new scheduling changes but launching a new Operation with only a Gears 4 map wasn’t the right move, and that’s coming from someone who really likes Speyer.

Especially coming off the fantastic Operation 5 which had 5 maps total, 3 if which were either new or a remake.

Weird decision but I’m open to seeing what else is in store.

At the very least, Queen Reyna looks amazing.

10 Likes

While I thought the same, it states at least one map so hopefully not just one. And also it doesn’t seem too bad. If you split up the operation that’s like one map every 5 weeks. Not too bad?? I’m just pulling at strings here.

Yeah and if some drops include 2 maps (since it says at least 1) over time it will quickly pile up. I’ll take 1-2 maps every couple weeks vs every couple months.

But Speyer was an odd choice to launch this new format. Seems like they blew their load in Op 5.

2 Likes

Pretty cool, hopefully we get Mansion

6 Likes

I believe we will be. It was already teased as a painting in the River remake.

As I said before this is little more than an interesting way of saying she is Queen Myrrah, which is exactly the case.

Having said that, she looks decent and it’ll be good to have her in Versus.

As for the others, Hoffman is a legend and the Zealot looks great.

Speyer? Meh. Nothing interesting about that map at all.

5 Likes

Yea I agree and also liked Speyer (but I’m always game for duel snipe maps :stuck_out_tongue: ) but yea odd… we’ll see how it goes.

Queen Reyna is cool, hope we get the human version for COG side eventually too tho.

1 Like

Does Queen Rayna not have tentacles for legs? How will that work??:thinking:

3 Likes

The only news I like is that the operations moving foward is shorter. That’s it.

1 old map is a shame. Should be 3 old maps to 1 new map but I guess they are trying to squeeze as lil content on us to give this game any kind of life till gears 6

2 Likes

1 NEW map to launch in the new format would have been acceptable since they technically gave us 3 in Op 5.

But Speyer? Umm yeah I don’t understand that choice.

5 Likes

No thxs, rather have maps from gears 1-3 as all these maps from 4/5 are mainly new and still fresh.

Would rather have just “new maps”

5 Likes

Awesome that we have Hoffman and the new Queen, Zealot? let’s just say that more locust will always be good no matter which variant they choose.

Shorter Operations? freaking awesome.

But Speyer? really? you definitely need to open a focus group or something regarding G4 map remakes. Of all the awesome maps we had in G4 you chose Speyer? wtf is wrong with you people?

3 Likes