Operation 4: PvE Update

I’m excited. These are wonderful changes. Wow

9 Likes

Kait’s going to wreck house. I mean, her Blood Resonance and Laceration cards are so powerful, and there are plenty of shotguns to be found in Escape.

7 Likes

I need to see the actual patch notes on the character balancing, but I’m very happy with what’s listed here. Great changes!

1 Like

This is all good stuff. Buffed Horde characters, more skills, more Escape characters. As a PvE player who was a bit disappointed earlier this week, this look like a good update.

5 Likes

Surge should be busy next week with everyone levelling cards.

4 Likes

Now I won’t waste my 6,000 scrap on cards! But and the big but here: who is the new Hero? Surprised no word of that here…

1 Like

Big steps in the right direction.
Actually starting to get a little excited. :grin:

3 Likes

Great, but… announcement of announcement of all the balancing changes in Monday’s patch notes. Yay😕

1 Like

Some great updates in here.

Power taps give more incentive now for people to capture and defend.

More characters to use in Escape, I can see Kait potentially being a powerful character with a Gnasher in play.

Great that people can buy all weapons and fortifications, I hope this doesn’t go down the Gears 4 route though where a level 3 Marcus comes in on Master and buys 5 barriers.

Venom cards in Horde, really good.

Level 6 cards, ehh, not too sure we needed it, but OK, I guess Monday will bring a little more info on this. Sad that we won’t have card scrapping until a future update though, I think that was the bigger issue rather than the level 6 cards.

On the whole, it sounds like a great update.

5 Likes

Can already see the new lobby titles “only engineer buys or kick”

15 Likes

What concerns me about Level 6 more is this :

Without proper detailing this makes it sound like skills will be the same as prior to Op 4 but instead they will be spread out over 6 levels, which if true would be lame asf and beyond words.

3 Likes

This lol

3 Likes

My money is on Paduk. He’s been in existence since before launch, so TC have had the most time working on him. Not official of course, but if I were a betting man, this is where my money would go.

4 Likes

I don’t play much PvE in Gears 5, but it looks like the people who do are liking these changes which is great.

The only thing i want to know though is will the intro cutscene for Escape be removed or possible to skip?.
It’s the biggest gripe for me when it comes to Escape, watching it once is fine but seeing over and over is really off-putting and a huge waste of time.

3 Likes

This is the biggest reason I don’t play Escape. I wasn’t blessed with patience :+1:

1 Like

I didn’t see the word nerf used at all.

If a nerf or nerfs are forthcoming in the patch notes, TC can kiss transparency claims goodbye forever.

I must say I’m intrigued at this point.

2 Likes

It was strongly alluded to that balancing will come from buffs.

We will see.

1 Like

Horde basically became an absolute breeze now, can you imagine how OP level 6 cards will be for Master runs? Was hoping they’d add a higher difficulty setting :pensive:

Overall these changes are great because they give teams far more freedom in terms of how they build fortifications and how they setup, overall though just makes Gears 5 Horde into the easiest horde mode by far.

1 Like

What the hell? Finally rebalancing characters? Lvl 6 cards? Adding Del, Fahz, and Kait to Escape? Giving Scorpio squad access to their venom skills in Horde? This is the best news out of all that’s come out by far. Why save this for Friday? This should have been the headliner of Op 4 from the beginning, not just a side-note. Anyway, this is the first news I’ve actually liked out of all this.

7 Likes

Because they wanted to save the best for last? :smirk:

4 Likes