Op4 and Op3 are awful overall for Horde fans,,, Master used to be fun cuz it was hard!

If Master is to easy make your Own Challange, do it with 4 or 3 or no Skillcards do it without Jack and Engineer, do it without Barriers … there’s endless Options to make it more Difficult.

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. There is nothing to stop players from challenging themselves to beating it in new and unusual ways.
Advocating for a return where there is maybe 1 way that everyone must adhere to in order to beat it is the opposite of progress and actually more boring than coasting through it with a way that maybe works too well now.
Admonitions regarding lack of imagination or lack of skill in the same context as lamentations that a thing is too easy seems like a nonsequitur .

We currently have and always have had games within games where people not only had to struggle against bullet sponges and insta-kill juvies but also against players that just don’t know how to play yet. In the latter struggle the skill cards you have to level up are those of interpersonal communication, team building and player selection.

Reading lobby names and retaining knowledge that gamertag1 is a griefer whereas other-gamertag is a phenominal team player that doesn’t always make headshots is another useful skill.

At the end of the day some players will rise to all challenges and improve all of their skills and other players will seek for TC to solve their problems by petitioning that their will be imposed everywhere instead of just where they can orchestrate it with the skill cards that they carry in their head.

4 Likes

^^^^^^^ this right here ^^^^^^^^

I will be making a thread soon about what we finally managed to do last night, after 3 failed attempts… :grin:

4 Likes

I will keenly await this mystery reveal!

2 Likes

Still levelling up my characters which is tedious so not yet playing on master difficulty but insane feels like a breeze and easily beatable with randoms which was nigh on impossible on Gears 2 horde.

Perhaps TC could add in some new enemies to present a new challenge like the old bolters and grenadiers with boltok pistols downing you from across the map or the fear inducing pack of cyclops.Also vary the waves a bit more. Every so often have an onslaught of particular enemies, Sires and Juvies.
In its current state, the mode is very enjoyable though and definately the best it’s been from my point of view

The words of someone who never leaver the frenzy lobbies jajajaj what I could expect

1 Like

If they make the energy mutator works again the engineer will be back and the noobs have to leave BC they won’t have the stuff they want and what does they pptions will be?? Easy: be patient or leave…

1 Like

All i can say to that is “Go to customs m8”

I type this as no offense to you personally but the logic infuriates me. The logic is idiotic. Yes, I agree, there’s endless options to make a game more difficult on myself. By that logic, I should play chess with only half the pieces while my opponent plays with all the pieces. Is that why they make games? For me to do dumb ■■■■ like that?

Well 225 Runs out of his so beloved"leaderboard blabla" 508 runs were as JD so you might be Right lol.

1 Like

Now, I’m no Horde player. But from what I’ve read in the forums, Master Horde was hard not because it was legitimately challenging with smart AI and an overwhelming amount of enemies. It was hard because the mobs got stat boosts that artificially increased the difficulty. People don’t find it fun when you need to stay in cover the entire time, lest they go down within a microsecond.

Taking cover in a shooter like this is meant for you to avoid damage and to return fire, not so you can huddle in fear knowing that literally anything can down you instantly.

2 Likes