One Last Update for Gears 5?

Since there was an update recently that gave some achievements and did something to escape, I figured TC must at least be doing some stuff to gears 5.

I was thinking maybe we could have one last update to unlock all content from past tour of duties and stuff, to make their contents available for gears coins. It could be that the final tier reward like the UIR Cosmonaut could cost 40k coins. It just gives existing players something to grind for.

I am still holding out hope for a surprise savage locust drop :3

1 Like

After their last update in December TC said Gears 5 will be set into a state of Automation. Tours reset on their ow. for generic rewards only and no new store updates.

TC has also said many times that General Tour rewards won’t even come back because they want it to be an “i was there” reward for the people who played at the time. I have all the General rewards and honestly think they should just give them all out for coins. Its not like we did anything cool or difficult to get them. Only skins that were locked behind difficult challenges in-game should be exclusive, imo.

2 Likes

Maybe the next update will include a serious bug that will make Blademaster unplayable. :3

1 Like

If there’s ever to be anymore service updates, it better damn be to fix the tracking issues with the Versus achievements!

Or I may just self-combust.

1 Like

Your hope is admirable but its probably not gonna happen :pensive:. I still want my hunter elite :sob:

I am still lightly salted we got Ukkon and a man in flip flops over the savage locust :’)

1 Like

Hey hey hey… Tak is a :goat:

1 Like

Agreed, but the challenges should not be time-restricted. If TC cannot implement automated distribution of old ranked skins in the leaderboard system or event skins, then it would be better for them to be dumped into the store for coins than to be unobtainable.

No piece of content, no matter how subjectively trivial, should become unobtainable for any reason. It is the worst possible scenario.

3 Likes

Yup. Like maybe give a cool weapon skin set for Seriously Chapter 2 since it can be attained at any time ( if progress wasn’t glitched for you, i was lucky and was glitch free).

They could bring back the Ronin Kantus and make it have a crazy price like 100k coins or something if someone really wanted it. Coins and Iron are just thrown at people now.

1 Like

Hes got a cool King Raven.

1 Like

He always waits for us to escape the hive. Even if theres only one person left. :goat:

3 Likes

you play… escape?

1 Like

I did, I got tired of it though. Great idea for a mode but I’ve had it ruined for me :joy:.

1 Like

But if you self combust, who will be the hero we need but dont deserve?

I’ll still be around in spirit.

To haunt all of you.
1 Like

Beginner. I had only played Beginner Escape.

Me too. I thought people would just stick it on beginner and run past everything.