Old weapons that you would like to see return

Just wondering if there were any weapons from old Gears games that you would like to see make a comeback. My personal choices are the Scorcher flamethrower and the Cleaver. The Scorcher would be an interesting addition, especially if they add in Benjamin Carmine. According to Dom in Gears 2, Ben was a pyromaniac lol and he could get special buffs when using the flamethrower. As for the Cleaver, it was always one of my favorite weapons in Gears 3. It would also work very well for characters (namely Emile) who get boosts to melee damage.

3 Likes

I’d like to see most of the weapons make a return, digger, gorgan pistol for sure, sawn off (even tho i never cared for or liked it), pretty much everything from 1-3 should make a return, including the classic hammerburst, and especially the gears 3 version of the hammerburst.

3 Likes

Gears 3 Hammerburst is probably my favorite weapon in the entire series

2 Likes

Scorcher, Digger, Gorgon, Ink Grenades, Morter, etc. Hell, I even miss the Boom Shield.

3 Likes

Yes the Boom Shield would be awesome to see again! I’ve noticed that some of the Scions have them strapped to their backs. So the model already exists in the game

2 Likes

If I had to choose one, I wouldn’t mind seeing the digger again. Loved getting rid of pesky campers with it.

1 Like

Breechshot and Gears 2 Gorgon.

2 Likes

I totally forgot about the Breechshot but I did love using that gun in Judgement. Speaking of Judgement, I wouldn’t mind seeing the Booshka Grenade Launcher again too

1 Like

Digger and hammer of dawn for sure. mortar was fun from time to time

1 Like

Mortar

3 Likes

Digger and Scorcher.

I guess Mortars too.

1 Like

For every classic map they bring back, they should include the associated weapons…

But generally, I wish they brought back these as I don’t know why they removed them in the first place… each was unique and added something different.

*Hammer Of Dawn
*Boom Shield
*Mortar
*Digger
*Scorcher
*HammerBurst [Gears 3 variant]

Get the Mace outta here… imo it’s worse than the Sawn Off

EDIT - I COMPLETELY forgot about the ONE SHOT from Gears 3! Loved that sh*T!!

4 Likes

1 shot down active reload Longshot. But it only works for me.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion, but I never hated the sawed off. If I saw someone carrying it, I thought, “easy kill”.

Plus sometimes I’d use it in unranked games because the way it cleaves a person in half is satisfying.

2 Likes

When the Digger worked right, its far better than the Dropshot.

4 Likes

Gotta love killing people camping at mulcher/one shot through the floor on Trenches. Them diggers went through everything :+1:

4 Likes

The gears 2 gorgon pistol defo

2 Likes

All of them.

2 Likes

Breechshot - is one of my all time favorite weapons
Digger - I’m just very surprised this weapon hasn’t made a return yet
Stim grenades - I loved having long gnasher battles with this
Vulcan - was very powerful, but you could die quickly

2 Likes

Markza 2 and the digger

1 Like