Official Feedback thread for Developer Playlist

Hey Gears Fans!
This is the official thread for you to provide feedback on the Developer Playlist!
We will be listening to and reading your comments, and dropping in to ask questions as necessary!

Edit: Heads up, Dev tuning is an option in custom matches :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Reduced slide speed ruins everything for me.

21 Likes

Reduce ss playlist always ran like Garbage for me. It was slow, laggy, and just seem broken. When I did find a match where players actually played instead of just bouncing. Nothing about it was enjoyable. Nothing about the movement felt good to me. Slow and clanky.

11 Likes

EDIT THIS WAS BEFORE THE UPDATE MY BAD, THANK YOU FOR CLARIFYING. PRE UPDATE OPINIONS BELOW WILL POST AFTER.

So there are a few things i noticed when playing, I believe we need to reduce the ‘poke’ damage increase the damage drop off as well as the close range damage and lower the gib range.

As for the lancer i like the idea that it does not have a close range damage dropoff but id prefer if it was 16 shots, no recoil with bloom. The lancer should be able to down someone before they complete the weapon pickup animation but not powerful enough to stop a player pushing you, 11 shots is abhorrid . When doing GB/UMG rule 1v’s i rarely get punished on the non beta tuning while grabbing a power weapon because the recoil plus bloom makes them miss half the spread.

Yall need to figure out this glitch to where the game is prioritizing a roll over a cover slide within slide distance. The beta movement is better than the base game but i find the over still have some odd glitches where i will be right in front of a cover and ill roll. This issue could be avoided if i could just assign individual button presses one the controller like i can on m&kb

Ive noticed that players are still tending to hug corners and LT i would like to try this beta on more game modes than just koth. Maybe ESC/EXE. Im not sure if my previous thread was read at all but you guys are on the right track.

Thus far my biggest criticism aside from shots just disappearing from some fringe glitch from gow 2 as you mentioned in the whats up, is that im not quite sure if you guys have made the blind fire and LT shot have the exact same spread. Someone shouldn’t be able to gib me at the same range i hit 80-90% on a blind fire, we can only go up from here.

Please bring back execution i hate KOTH and gridiron is so much harder to clutch/solo and add the beta tuning to private matches. On that note i will not return to ranked until the beta gnasher movement updates are posted to the main game, keep up the good work!

1 Like

Change the elims back to 2 points or reduce the entry fee.

It’s a real pain to win 4 games with like 60 points & lose it all in 1 game.

Especially since I don’t really stack.

80 elims in a diamond Or onyx match is pretty tuff. I can get that if I was silver or gold but at high level it’s not always like that.

& even if I score perfect I’ll only earn 75 points at best & if I lose (which is likely because I don’t stack) all my progress is easily whipped.

I don’t know. Just my feedback.

29 Likes

Maybe increase slide speed slightly. I just wanna see what would happen to be honest

6 Likes

Does anyone know when the changes are Live today? Pumped for it lol

3 Likes

Me too! It sounds like a completly new gears game

2 Likes

yeah thats why am stuck in onyx 2.please increase the winning from 150gp to 200gp for koth above gold rank,and add 1 gp for revive max 10gp and increase cap gp from 1 to 2.

2 Likes

Can anyone confirm it’s out?

2 Likes

Plays much better than the game currently is. The aim assist reduction was a quick adjustment . For the lancer I’d say a better change would be putting in an actual recoil system than the random spread-bloom that’s been in since Gears 3.

It should be out now just restarted the app and I see its been updated

2 Likes

The idea of ​​the new bullet spray is bad, I did not like it because it is very small but they could do better; and in the movement, I think it is too slow and it is a change that I would not like to see in gears 5

3 Likes

The current UP A and 2 shot down meta stinks tho.

3 Likes

I like the gameplay as it currently is in the game now. Feels great and gnasher is the best it has been. Not really feeling this tuning. Leave the game alone. Please stop changing every month. The game before this tuning beta is fun, fast and the gnasher is great. Please leave it alone.

2 Likes

So far I like it, no more random shots landing from other players and you actually have to line the barrell up to land a shot thats the way it should be imo feels a lot better and fair

The Slide speed should increase SOME…on the DP it does feel a bit clunky with the slower slide imo.

16 Likes

Mod edit: Please post in English only as per the forum rules. Thank you.

@Arsennz English only, forum rules. Welcome though :smile:

2 Likes

1 Like