Official Feedback thread for Developer Playlist - September 8th

KEEP THIS MUTHAFUCKING TUNING PLEASE. this ■■■■ right here is straight FUEGO. i love it. Thanks TC

1 Like

Gnasher spread is wrong…
The pellet separation is increased while shooting ADS compared to hip fire.
Shouldn’t be the same or closer pellets for ADS?
Video here: Gnasher spread - YouTube

6 Likes

I agree with you there.

Back to the main point, I don’t feel any of these changes really tackle with the main problems that the gnasher is presenting right now, like the problem the guy on top of me is presenting.

The changes made on this playlist make no difference to me.

I don’t like the shorter weapon respawn delays. You launch the tac.com and you’re almost guaranteed to see a grenade or power weapon available for pickup

1 Like

Now wall cancelling is in the developer playlist? I’m very confused. Can we take it out? The game is a lot better without it

1 Like

4v4 is fantastic. Allows a better balance of solo skill and team skill, more CQC combat, clutch opportunities. Still able to cross for teammates but not getting crossed from every direction is a more enjoyable experience.

6 Likes

Gnasher doesn’t really feel any more consistent to me. Just feels like it was buffed to absurd levels. Still getting plenty of sponging but now the hipfire is just firing slugs and the damage at range is approaching ridiculous levels.

I think I prefer the current Gnasher over the one in the dev playlist right now.

6 Likes

Having played a few more hours of the playlist, I like all the changes but the gnasher seems ridiculously buffed. Though not as often, I have had the pleasure of having gears 2 shotgun snipe flashbacks :rofl:

2 Likes

I don’t agree with 4vs4 the boring game feels lonely and empty.

3 Likes

5 vs 5 in KOTH is better.

2 Likes

Last night i played a crap ton of the dev playlist. First time in months i really enjoyed myself playing gears. (This is irrelevant i know)

Now i am on PC, and i know that has a huge factor in my opinion.

There are lot complaints in this thread for this tuning. I feel its more player related then tuning related. (Not saying the tuning is the end all be all of tuning)

I played with a good bit of people in this thread yesterday complaining about this tuning. They were complaining about the speed of 4v4- a lot of players literally hide and sit back and wait for confrontation and or run from it. 4v4 is perfect and greatly increases the ability of solo queue players to make better players and better carry a team of lower skilled players. Having one less person lancering and or crossing you makes a world of difference. The maps feel significantly less cluttered with 8 people versus 10

People complaining about sponging and shots not feeling consistent or registering. You guys are not consistent with the gnasher and missing constant shots.

The reduction in magnetism is noticeable for me and the gnasher feels worlds more responsive and consistent. My shots are coming out no matter how i am moving and arent lagging when i pull the trigger. The shots feel more spot on and im able to see where they are truly going. I wont lie i was missing a lot at first because of the changes. But that was on me. There is an adjustment period for the new tuning.

The movement felt extremely fluid and unrestricted. I felt honestly in the first time since playing gears 5 that i felt free navigating around the map.

I played against lot of higher skill players yesterday also. Most of the higher skilled players that i came across really liked and enjoyed the tuning. When i messed up they punished me for it and I to them and to lower skilled players As it should be. This is the first tuning that really allows you to punish people for mistakes. For me. With this tuning i had significant less, if any bull crap happen to me. The fights are more skill based and felt like fights in the older games that we all crave

I think people need to really self reflect on their playstyles and truly analyze their own skill levels before blaming the game. This tuning craps on the current one. The game is still hot doo doo butter but this is definitely definitely the right direction.

Thanks to anyone who read this.

3 Likes

I really liked the 4v4 and movement speed. Both the lancer and gnasher just felt like I was punching my targets in the gut. When I referenced the gears 2 2 shot down, it could entirely latency related.
This is the first time I’ve felt my shots connect and I felt comfortable pushing with the gnasher.
Good opinion and I am definitely going to keep putting more time in.

2 Likes

“This is the first time I’ve felt my shots connect and I felt comfortable pushing with the gnasher”

You could not have said that better.

2 Likes

My exact reaction to my first gnasher kill was
“Wait that never works.”
:rofl:

2 Likes

Lmao Dude i swear on everything, there were so many moments last night where i was like “yes that worked”

Im right there with you. Shots are finally going where i want them too

1 Like

I just want 5v5 TDM and KOTH back, everything else i dont care for, I can adjust to the gnasher changes. I do like the movement changes in Op 4 but have no idea why u make TDM 4v4 that was such a random change pleaseee change that.

2 Likes

I think it’s more about people complaining about getting crossed. I feel like it’s easier to move around the fight and have more 1v1s.

1 Like

4v4 is how gears originally was and should be. 5v5 creates unnecessary mayhem and balancing issues like the lancer

3 Likes

Gears is about mayhem , thats how its suppose to be played, 4v4 creates a slower more calculated battle environment which takes more time, If you play Gears u know the longer a match takes, the more likely people will quit, its a proven fact.

People who complain about getting crossed are new to the game, dont memorize maps, the slower the pace of a match is the more likely ppl will quit, have you played a 3v3 TDM match recently due to players quitting? Very dissatisfying