Numbers don't add up

They are certainly a ton of beginner level matches which I see as a good sign.

I jumped in several elite, master, and advanced levels as well.

Alternate suggestion: Create your own!

I know what he’s saying. There has been trolls trying to debunk how many players is really activity playing this game online currently. And it’s no where near 1000’s . It’s in the hundreds and dropping.

3 Likes

its kind of sad in a way , since it could have at least 10 times as many if the game delivered the goods to the playerbase.

but yes the numbers are around the 1000’s maximum.

I have no idea where you get that number. 12 pages of horde custom lobbies, plus the LFG private horde lobbies, escape, ranked, and arcade. Plus people play the campaign.

Totally agree Op,I’ve had this happened this past week,but yesterday(Friday) I’ve been lucky on two games,well counting wave 34/50/ 41 /50waves only after pressing y to say 1 player and pressing x a couple of times,to refresh.

1 Like

Tc its hit n miss m8…doesnt help peeps dont read what hosts are asking for/doing…probably just ignorance on that one🙄

I had the same problem a month ago last time I played. Even after setting the filter to search for 3-4 players.

I just ended up playing some old school Gears of War 2 Horde.

1 Like

Can’t say as i blame you m8…seems most tc have brought on board…complete fckn numpties…such decline for a great mode🙄

1 Like

Yeah Gears 2 Horde is a little dated obviously but it’s still a lot of fun and the maps are soooo much better than the maps in 4 and 5. And ammo wasn’t a big pain in the… I HATE having to constantly look for ammo.

2 Likes

A mode where your outnumbered/outgunned…ok lets give em less ammo…theyve taken everything about horde backwards m8

2 Likes

Yeah I remember the last few games I played me and two other players were hovering around ammo crates waiting for them to spawn and I remembered thinking, man this really sucks.

I don’t remember, 2, 3,or even 4,without weapons lockers, being this bad. It’s one of the two things that really annoy me with Horde.

The other being playing on the same maps over and over again and over again, especially when they’re bad/boring maps.

1 Like

7 new maps all average at best…maps from 4…which we’ve just played to death last 3 yrs…1 new map on the way…thats 1 in 6 months !!..ive lost faith m8…awful developer whose only interest is cash grab for ■■■■■■ tat…so as u know…shop is open and working just fine though :thinking:

2 Likes

Have you ever seen Colonel Sanders?

1 Like

I can match make in under 45 seconds on koth, tdm, arcade playing solo, Arcade actually has full lobbies which is shocking. NA region west coast.

Chill out dude.

Gears.4 sucked and lasted 3 years with a solid player base.

Everyone is like gears 5 is bleeding blah blah, its the same people.

Who cares. Play to have fun. Not play to play the popular game. If you aren’t having fun, play a dfifferent game. It’s a video game. No one cares.

3 Likes

Difficult to have fun if you cannot get games in your favourite sections.

1 Like

When it comes to overall player numbers, there’s plenty of things to consider

• Time of day
  • Day of week
  • Geographic location
  • Split among modes
  • Claimant’s definition of “active player” (every day? once a week? played in the last two weeks?)

If you’re playing at 5am in your area and can’t find a match, that doesn’t necessarily mean people in Asia are having the same problem.

I mostly play Horde, and the only time I really have a problem matchmaking for a round, is if I’m doing it at like 4:30am, and even then there’ll still be 2-4 pages of custom lobbies (which I assume are themselves restricted to a certain geographic area/time zone).

Actually not that shocking, as the concept of “ranked” multiplayer is probably intimidating for a lot of people. Arcade is positioned as the mode that is friendly to all, and is probably perceived as the mode far less likely to get them yelled at by teammates, haha.

I also actually think Arcade is a lot of fun, even though I know some purists think it’s “not real Gears” or whatever.

1 Like

The numbers don’t lie and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice!

1 Like

You know they say all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Samoa Joe and you can see that statement is NOT TRUE!

See, normally if you go one-on-one with another wrestler you got a fifty/fifty chance of winning. But I’m a genetic freak, and I’m not normal! So you got a 25 percent at best at beat me! And then you add Kurt Angle to the mix? You-the chances of winning drasticy go down.

See, the 3-Way at Sacrifice, you got a 33 and a third chance of winning. But I! I got a 66 and two thirds chance of winning, cuz Kurt Angle KNOOOWS he can’t beat me, and he’s not even gonna try.

So, Samoa Joe, you take your thirty three and a third chance minus my twenty five percent chance (if we was to go one on one) and you got an eight and a third chance of winning at Sacrifice. But then you take my 75 perchance-chance of winnin’ (if we was to go one on one), and then add 66 and two thirds…percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice! Señor Joe? The numbers don’t lie, and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice!

2 Likes

Holler if ya hear me!

1 Like