Nobody noticed yet?!?!

Play the games a lot…get on the forms when I can’t play. Aside from loving the game (as all the gears) Nobody has mentioned this one change yet. Ready? Active rounds for the Gnasher do not exist in gears 5! Think I am full of it?

When I get an active lancer the rounds In the top right corner flash! Lancer shoots faster and downs super fast! Nail an active reload with the Gnasher and no flashing rounds! Hit a reload perfect then hit a guy near perfect with what I thought was an active...and no kill...no down..my jaw dropped!

Personally I like the change and wish they did away with actives all together. Now I have to up my Gnashers game!

2 Likes

I think a lot of people already know this and I do believe in some instances, you do get an active reload. I’ve been downed by the Gnasher with one shot and that’s when I have had full health too. I thought you can get an active reload once in a while with it too.

Play any other gears. You can one shot down with or without an active! Just that if you hit active all the time…your getting a bunch of one hit downs. This game not so. No active for the Gnashers! Well…at least no damge boost! Get anctive with any weapon in 5 and watch the rounds blink. Gnashers…no blink!

It’s been already mentioned in the forums a few times and word is getting around. But I agree that there are plenty of ppl that don’t know yet. Still see a ton of people trying to active reload right before engaging or in the beginning of the round, but little do they know it only has to do with the amount you reload in your gnasher.

1 Like

I know…i think it’s cool

1 Like

The ammo change is a clever idea for active. Damage boost was a lazy broken mechanic. If they can remove aim assist and fix the hit detection then this gnasher will be perfect. Still though Gears UE was the most balanced version of any gears multiplayer.

1 Like

Yeah this was established during the tech test. I find it hilarious when I see people pre active with the Gnasher still in Versus, but old habits die hard.

2 Likes

Me all over I know there’s no damage boost but your catch me active reloading the shotty all game from start to end :joy:

1 Like