No TWIGs or What's ups until January 4

3 Likes

Must be nice to have a job you can just stop working for 2 weeks around the holidays.

3 Likes

That’s actually pretty typical. I’m off starting today til the 4th as well. Most of my friends are too

5 Likes

Exactly. And even if not people take annual leave and Christmas-New Year is a pretty normal time for people to take off. I suspect there’ll still be a skeleton group of people at TC (but not on Christmas Day obviously) in case there are serious server issues, but aside from that I don’t see what the problem is. TC will be, like the rest of us, having a break. I mean, how hateful and privileged must someone be to expect someone else be at your beck and call all year round?

5 Likes

It depends on what field you are in obviously. Retail or medical you would need to use vacation and probably be there for a while or you are the ones stuck working. Most of my real life friends and I are in the engineering field so we are just given off for the holidays

1 Like

You mean…a normal Job ?

1 Like

In fact I used to be part of the Skeleton group in hour It department on the holiday, laziest job of the year usually.

Well, any job where you’re essentiall oncall can potentially be like that. Either way, people doing that kind of work are still at work so aren’t with their families.

1 Like

I meant I volunteer since it was usually relaxed :slight_smile:
Now I’m old and I get why people hated that part lol

My last work day of this year was in Monday…

1 Like

I work in surgery, so yeah I guess it’s fair to say I don’t have a normal job. I have to live vicariously through others that get extended time off.

Merry Christmas to TC and fellow gears! Gears 5 has been a lot of fun since Nov 2020 …kudos and happy holidays!!

1 Like

Can we have a What’s Down for next week, please!? Maybe the post would be about the state of the game in 2020!