Gears Forums

No old maps only new

(DarkChaoz95) #21

Might as well stop making new games and simply keep on remastering / remakimg old games! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Asurazu Rasu) #22

Feel like they should interact with the player base a lot more on what would be good map balancing

Thrashball is arguably better than glory as the scoreboard can be shot down and used as extra cover, so crossing isn’t a huge issue.

I wouldn’t mind having swarm pods implemented into maps as improv cover that blow up & regen after a set amount of time in a new map design.

As for old maps, I believe some fit extremely well in fast paced game modes, such as koth & dodgeball , but modes like TDM & Guardian at higher ranks are extremely drawn out which makes these specific maps dull & just annoying to play on.

Blood drive , Gridlock, & Clocktower are my favorite legacy maps in the series but it just feels like they’re overhated due to how people play on them.

Maybe change weapon placements, for example, two longshots @ top instead of a boltok & a torque bow where the long shot spawned before could make it a bit more interesting to play on

I don’t think it’d hurt to revamp legacy maps to be more friendly to all play styles, but I would much prefer to see brand new maps

(Omen LP) #23

There are shocks,boltoks, frags, hammerbursts: lots of stuff to play with.

(Slipping Flames) #24

While most people still rush and fight over boom and snipe. Gets old. Maps been played out. At least new power weapons could potentially change typically used strategies.

I swear playing Gridlock is like watching old Seinfield episodes. Not one thing new to see or do. At least move the darn rings somewhere else (KOTH). Spawns are so predictable too. At least on some of the maps the spawns are so screwed you get a little excitement.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #25

Just like I find myself getting ready to laugh at jokes I know are coming in an old Seinfeld episode, I start making gridlock callouts before the events happen because it’s sooo predictable and always plays out the same way.

Guy throws a smoke at boom, I mark him before it goes off and then cut him down as he picks up. I giggle. Teammate rushes to retrieve boom without smoking and gets killed. I cry out, “FFS…didn’t you just see…”

That snipe dictates the map far too much. I’d love to see how it plays with that removed in TDM, Exe, Guardian, and DB.

Also, it’s easily the worst KOTH map ever. I **** you not, last week I got put in with four teammates who were sporting diamond skins and emblems and these guys would not break or cap a hill. They all assembled in the towers and would just cross the bejeezus out of the opponents while I broke and capped. Easiest MVP I ever had and I felt so cringey about the lancers after the match I actually said, “GGs… Sorry about the lancers, I don’t know these guys”.

(lnSaNe ShoTZz) #26

i feel like maybe rotating weapons to different spawn areas will keep things fresh on certain maps. balancing new maps vs old is important in the developement of the next game. i just feel like things got repetitive with gears 4 with gameplay. yeah the gameplay feels good but theres nothing jaw dropping anymore. each game seemed like they greatly improved something and then gears 4 really felt… washed out.

im sure were gonna see some snow maps/desert maps from what we’ve seen from the trailer. id like to see a return of razor hail, i feel like it was an pain at times but it was pretty fun and different.

(chaaze) #27

I love classic maps too, but paying for the same maps several times. That’s just not cool. Even for remastered. NOT COOL THO

They should be free collection for anyone purchased Gears 1-4.

(RayzilIa) #28

All i ask is PLEASE no more campdrive and gridlock. Gridlock has been in EVERY game and blood drive has been in every game since 2. I despise both maps.

(MrXboxlivenoob) #29

I kind of disagree. It would be nice to play on old maps again but only maps that we haven’t seen return yet.

(lnSaNe ShoTZz) #30

i mean yeah but not over do it. sick of blooddrive and gridlock… need to return a small few different old maps

(MrXboxlivenoob) #31

Yes of course, I’m getting kind of sick of those maps too haha

(Funny Maybe) #32

It’s hard to say what the fundamental nature is to the problem, as TC has said they want to distance themselves from past entries; to bring their own spin and energy to the franchise. Yet they rely almost entirely on maps they didn’t create. Call it confidence issues, incompetence, cashing in on nostalgia, or what have you. Simply put, they need original material. Hopefully they settled for these maps to compensate for more attention to the next installment. Let’s see.

(lnSaNe ShoTZz) #33

im excited to see beautiful snow maps personally i was a huge fan of gears 2 winter theme and it just looks great

(Admire Vanity) #34

I agree 100% no old maps or rehashes. Only new maps if that means smaller map rotation so be it. Every time I see rustlung nobody votes for it. It might as well be out of the game. I want a fresh new feel when I play a new Gears not a recycled CoD vibe.

(ll R E D l) #35

I don’t understand why we got so many remakes in the first place most of the maps they actually came out with are pretty good

(MrXboxlivenoob) #36

Personally I’d like to see some more maps from gears 3 to return. Maps like azura or depths would be cool. Also maps from gears 2 that people have been asking for like pavilion, river just to name a couple. They could also bring back maps like ruins or even stasis. They should bring those maps that haven’t made a return.

(Human Smokes) #37

at launch the game should have 10 brand new maps. a few months in there should be a map pack consisting of 3 or 4 new maps. a few months later there should be a flashback map pack featuring 5 or so classic maps.

(HoesEatOreos) #38

they need to make more interactive maps like avalanche, hail, tyro station, reclaimed windflare

(Lambent Lucky) #39

I disagree but some old maps do not need a return (Gridlock & Blooddrive) but I would like to see some new classic maps like Jacinto and Ruins. Really not sure why Jacinto never made it in GOW4?

(ll R E D l) #40

But yet we get drydock and rustlung. I do agree its time to retire some maps gridlock, blood drive, ravens down. If they do remake some maps it should be ones we havent seen remade. Ruins is one of my favorites that should return Maybe TC can look at some of the older maps and let the fans vote on which 1 should be remade