No more skins for watching streams?

I was watching the live esports stream and read in the chat that tc is no longer giving out skins for watching streams. Too bad. Didnt they get a lot more viewers by doing so? Why did they stop?

5 Likes

Bc they are greedy asf and getting rid of all free ways to get cosmetics in hopes they’ll intince you to spend money! Horrible business practices and they think no one’s sees. And they wonder why people quit playing their game. Nobody wants to support a business like this

16 Likes

Apprently your ‘watching the stream and in the stream because you want to be’, not for skins!!!. i coudn’t believe my ears when i heard this

1 Like

They also said. that they wanted people to be there for the stream not for the skins. In the latest stream.

:rofl:

They’ll see how low the real numbers are now then. The majority of people who watched the streams during gears 4 were only there for the skins.

7 Likes

Maybe thats why they do it. They need to figure out how to make it interesting and engaging for real.
TCs marketing team is not playing and understanding the game and seems like they are young adults.

2 Likes

Absolutely although to be fair I hated myself for doing so.:wink: I hate Esports. The Gears teams/crews are so cringeworthy as are the MC’s.

4 Likes

Lmao! why so surprised? 75% of the audience watch this Gears eSports thing because of giveaways you know (Riffles, weapon skins, collectables etc)

I only watched eSports for that (Gears 4) because there’s not reason to force myself to watch the same gameplay for 10 to 12 hours lmao!

I just hope this studio see that Gears eSports is not worth the time and focus more on the players.

Pro players" ain’t gonna keep the game alive

4 Likes

Heh. I chuckled when I heard this. I thought to myself “well I’ll just stream a podcast instead then!” I mean, in truth I despise the eSports tournement streams, amd the Developer’s Stream ia only vaguely interesting. During GOW4 I was only there for the skins. :grin:

7 Likes

I literally only watched their streams for the skins lol

4 Likes

They are killing every aspect of Gears.

2 Likes

Me too brotha’, me too

1 Like

I never watched, cause

I love myself too much :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Me too Tubby

1 Like

I wonder if that means when they add the rest of the phantom skins they’ll be for iron only…

I actually liked collecting the cards in g4 ,selling and crafting too, I think this time round it’s way way thin on skin customs there needs to be more ways to be individual from the rest of your team. If they want our money give us sh it to choose, last time I looked there was only 3 things to craft wtf man

1 Like

You know, it’s sad. I might actually get into Gears esports if I got into any esports at all. Either that or Street Fighter V.

But I just don’t understand the appeal. Any time I try to watch a stream I just think, “wait, I could be playing this right now instead of watching”.

3 Likes

Just to further rub salt in TC’s wounds, I even muted the streams whenever I use to have them on. :smiley:

if this is true it kinda removes any reason why I should ever watch Gears esports again.

i’m a little sad because i thinks i’m one of the people who watched and played during dev streams, sknins was like a reward for being there…