New ranking system is utter garbage

and here i thot the old system was bad. now theres a premium on kill stealing cuz u get full points for it. and this cap on points earned makes no sense in koth after 40 kills u stop getting points? u can get that in the first round. and everyone gets points now even the losing team like sweet cue the oprah meme everybody gets points. this game is total garbage and everytime they try to “fix” it they just make it worse. guess ill find a new game to play

4 Likes

Agreed, but beware. The sheep will criticize you for your opinion.

4 Likes

The system is ok. Just needs some tweaks toward person performance and less of a premium on winning.

It’s why I’ve barely played KOTH since the update. I just don’t find it as rewarding to carry anymore.

3 Likes

Right? It’s a called king of the hill. Not best team of the hill .

1 Like

Doesn’t it give you like 500 GP if you win a match? I’ve seen plenty people ragequit just because they won’t win

yea my thots exactly

1 Like

No it certainly does not. It does give you 500 for something though…still haven’t figured out what it is. Maybe MVP. But that system is broken too. Because you can clearly be the MVP and not get it.

Honestly, the system is fine but they really need to provide a page in ranked that explains what gives you what

It gives you 150 GP for winning, in addition to whatever GP you earned during the match.

1 Like

whenever I win a match it says “+500” and I have no idea what I get

the +500 is for ingame score, not GP.

Because this section doesn’t appear in ranked (replaced with GP column) it is confusing people.

1 Like

Me, @Mark36111 and @Slipping_Flames have a solution to this. You get all 4 of your teammates to line up single-file, then you go around the map as per usual, whilst still maintaining what I have dubbed the “Gnasher Conga Line”. Once you down an enemy, you leave that down for the person behind you to kill. Thus, everyone kill-steals, but it all balances out. Of course the only drawback is that the person in front does not get any kills. To remedy this you simply put the worst player in front. Coincidentally, this is where Mark usually goes.
Glad I could help.

9 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Effective yet deadly

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of fun too!

1 Like

Well, there are drawbacks, such as the fact that you have to move as a single unit, which makes strafing rather awkward. But the pros deff outweigh the cons imo

1 Like

It must be nice leave for months, somehow become even worse at the game than you were before, yet still have people willing to pity-carry you in Gears 5 despite your childish insults and demeanor. Testing people’s generosity is the surest sign of poor character. It’s the type of anti-social behavior that emerges when one misses out on the public school experience during adolescence.

2 Likes

Damn.

I think we all need to just play more Horde :joy:

No ranks, no shoes, no drama

2 Likes

But when David plays Horde he still forgets which team he is on.

Edit: At least that is why I think he follows me around the map shooting at me.

4 Likes

@KSG_Pocketz

Keep in mind that this is preseason. the good news is that this will not be OP4 ranked for all 15 weeks. I think they are trying to see how they can reward all that play. One think I like is that you will not get matched any higher than one rank up yours. this makes it more fair for low rankers new in coming popluation and will not in flate higher ranks beyone where they should be. I mean if diamonds playe diamonds you think you see 100 plus kils/elminations…most likley now. I do agree that kills should get more than assit. its trying to figure that out. i think thats why they want this preseason. to analyz the data. I mean if i am crossing while your in the hill and i manage 50% damge on three players whill you battle and you finish you should get more than me? thats a tough one. you had the skill to get in the battler, but i covered you so you could go 3 v 1.

Part of your sucess was because i covered you. I think this is tough. if the other way around why should i get the more points clearly i was protected and not taking the risk you did. not fair to you

I am suprised that capping and breaking do not get more points

1 Like