New halloween horde event

Am I missing something

There is nothing special about it at all lol

Not checked. Just wanted to add though, why can’t we get some special themed maps for “holidays” other games manage it, yet year after year we just get different heads ! On that front. I would prefer our Halloween ones to be pumpkin cog and something ekse, maybe witches for Locust.
Very hard to tell them apart at the moment!

1 Like

That’s, all it is pumpkin heads in the enemies that is literally it

Talk about lazy

3 Likes

It’s a shortened horde mode that many have been wanting that actually awards skill cards this time. Better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Would’ve been cooler if they added mist to every map, all maps at night, random witches and bats flying around and Halloween decorations around the maps.
But no we only get characters with pumpkin heads that has been done before

10 Likes

It’s ok,all with pumpkin heads,you do get swarm,wardens x2 juvies with or without grenades,More sires,waves 1-9swarmak and flock wave 10,together only reached wave 15 when gamers left sadly

1 Like

Matriarchs on wave 20 for me. Only did one game so not sure if the boss waves are always the same. Progress didn’t track properly though as I have 18/60 for the event medal.

1 Like

Played three matches now, wave five is stump & warden, wave ten flock & swarmak, wave fifteen stump & warden and wave twenty is two matriarchs (map has always been Asylum).

Excluding the pumpkinheads this seems to be the ideal mode for those that don’t have time to play the full 50 waves, definitely preferred this to the terminator version.

5 Likes

Yeah much preferred this than the Terminator mode. Starting off with all that power too! Really enjoyed this one, so props to TC.

1 Like

Is it possible to have the trains kill the bosses on Asylum?

1 Like

Gears 4, everyone gets mad at alternate versions of maps.
Gears 5, people complain at no alternate versions of maps.

2 Likes

Thanks my friend for the info,hope TC is aware of the problem concerning the medal count.

That’s a great question. I’m also curious.

I know it works for standard enemies, but I’ve never had a boss venture near it at the time of the train rushing through.

Trains don’t run on boss levels… Mini boss levels yes but not when there’s a matriarch or kestrel or swarmak around… Just like the fact that you can’t secure an energy tap between waves - the progress bar for securing stops at end of wave and continues at start of next one. You can collect during score screen but not secure. Real petty of TC to stop that…

2 Likes

I’m not a horde guy or escape but want them skins and it’s not bad and it’s only 20 waves so for me it’s good and in less then a month you guys have 2 different small versions that where not bad but I dont really play horde so it’s all new for me.

2 Likes

Like jingle juvies, I wonder if that will be in gears 5 this Christmas

1 Like

So nothing has changed then that’s all it was in the last game to. For Easter you get bunny ears & Xmas you’ll get santa hats hohoho ■■■■■■■ LoL.

3 Likes

Gears Of War 3 event was more fun BOOM-Snipes for all!

1 Like

I thought it was fun. Did 3 in a row and got my skin set. Finished all Horde Medals along the way and got Desert JD too.

The pumpkin head enemies combined with the spooky setting of Asylum was cool. They probably could have done a bit more maybe adding some decorations to the map.

1 Like

This was way more boring IMO.