New Forum Feedback Thread

Oh I should have clarified, I meant as an additional option. The default will be the current dark theme with people can have the discretion to switch through the settings.

Awesome job TC, this sh*t looks great on IPhone :iphone:
Thanks.

3 Likes

Looks good but why are the ribbon discrptions in Spanish? Everything else is English.

1 Like

Looks clean, and works a bit snappier and more responsive on mobile than the old forum did. Good job TC!

2 Likes

Forums look very nice good job

2 Likes

Looks very different but amazing too!

2 Likes

I am really diggin’ this new forum look. Fast, clean, and the auto refresh! Great job guys and girls!:grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

I like the TC tracker thing at the top.
My suggestion (if it’s not already in there) is to have a counter next to that to say how many TC posts there have been since you last checked.

I’ll also add that it’s annoying needing to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to see some things.

1 Like

Stats page is not showing progress, or friend’s progress (was working until forum change).

Also, is there a way you could implement a “quick reply” like most forums have?

I was really looking forward to the new forum but am finding it clunkier and slower on both mobile and desktop. I agree w/ Chaps about the scroll being annoying (and it slows things down because it waits to load posts). Also, going in to edit a post I’m finding it’s also slower since it has a separate sub window. Hope these things can be streamlined.

Adding another annoyance; every other forum lets you go back to the top (or bottom) and click on the sub forum, main forum, or wherever else you want to go. This new forum feels like a big cluster so far. Sorry for the nit picking but I forum a lot and find this new one to be less user friendly than most so far.

Out of interest, what’s the link to the old forums now if we want to retrieve stuff from there?

I had this link bookmarked, every time I went on browser.
Legacy Forum.

1 Like

Oh man. Revert these changes - asap

1 Like

Ah yes, was forgetting it was the other way around, <domain.com/forums> like a lot of older places still run.

I really like the new layout! Has a lot of the things I’ve asked for in the past, which is great to see.

Only things I would like to be added is the ability to show multiple badge icons underneath your gamer tag, like you could on the old forums; would also be great if we were able to use the badges we earned on the old forums too.
Finally, it would be nice if you could add back forum level and display the number of posts made by a user. It gave an understanding of how experienced the user was with the franchise when replying.

1 Like

This is relatively minor, but since now you can share posts/threads to Twitter and facebook, is there any chance you could also add the option to share them onto /r/GearsofWar? That would be a great feature to see.

3 Likes

Okay, here’s the feedback for mobile version for when I’m on iPad.
I don’t really like having to scroll downwards, it seems to load forever (exaggerating), and especially in ‘Introduce Yourself’ thread.
Maybe a page option/link could come back to break up responses with a limit of 20 on each page like the original Legacy Forum, instead of one long, long list of responses?
Otherwise, the page layout on mobile version seems very similar and consistent to browser version which is okay and good.

1 Like

Will individual games get their own Subforums?
Will specific Mods be responsible for specific subforums so that a familiarity is maintained regarding questions/concerns being addressed or will all Mods be Global?

I’m not sure if discourse supports that or not… That’s the forum software that this site is now using.

If it does support it, it’d be great to add the option to toggle it on or off in the preferences menu.

The new forums are looking pretty spiffy!

2 Likes

Un. Saludos para los weones gorreados de CLETEROS YULIOS y COMPEDALES34