New COG division

Got an idea the other night. Some people will laugh, some will tell me to ■■■■ off. A new type of COG Soldier, Sorta like Suicide Squad style, The worst criminals but they’re on a leach. They do what they do best, killing , no matter what the cost, And the ultimates they have should be like, nuke the entire place, or poison bombs,… Anyway…just an idea

P.S: Black armor with bloodred features! :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds more like a Locust/Swarm thing.
Theres so many weapons and ways to kill… I’m numb for what we got.

however there should definetly be humans that are desperate enough to die for the cause. But i dont know how to play that out against swarms.

Would it be like on Horde, that the player would have an ability to realease the suicide bombers?
running against random enemy targets, exploding them self with gas bombs?

Sounds like Hivebusters to me, and they already appear in Escape which is canon.

EDIT:

My only question about the Hivebusters, is about when and where they fit in the timeline?

I recall Mac sometimes making a comment at the start of an Escape game referring to Hoffman giving them the mission.

But Hoffman is, at the start of GOW4 in a wheelchair, looks really old and is probably retired. Obviously we have no info about Hoffman’s life in the present day, but it just seems weird that he would be coordinating these Hivebuster missions as he is.

And given these Hivebuster missions only have started post-GOW4 (cos the Swarm didn’t emerge until then) it can’t be from the pre-GOW4 era.

3 Likes

Yup!

Would it be like on Horde, that the player would have an ability to realease the suicide bombers?
running against random enemy targets, exploding them self with gas bombs?
[/quote]

Heres some weapons that i came up with right now…

Minibuzzkill, Shooting minor sawblades that will bounce on walls but do less damage than the big one…

an imploder weapon. aim with a laser for a certain time on an enemy to make them implode.

A Granade that fills your skin with bugs eating your skelleton from inside leaving the player as a blob. ( that ofcouse could be shot by anyone)

The Divider:
A vertical dropshot that shoots two super stong magnets ( a rectagle) and when a player/players are in between the magnets, the shooter realeases the button. The players cought in this, will tear apart in the middle (instead of exploding).

1 Like

I like what i’m reading! :smiley:

Dude, iknow right. Imagen all the wicked weapons and enemies that could exist

1 Like

COG criminals and rejected are recruited in the army anyway in times of desperation.
Gears of War : the Slab , anyone?

1 Like

I feel like we’ve seen similar already, ala the Hivebusters, Stranded and Outsider conscripts, soldiers guilty of multiple court martial offenses, and Marcus himself being thrown in the slammer for desertion.

1 Like

Just an idea, bro! A division that’s even feared by the Onyx Guards!