New achievements added, another infinite grind

Here’s a link to it on TrueAchievements:
https://www.trueachievements.com/n42442/gears-5-operation-4-brothers-in-arms-achievements

Who had the bright ideia to add a Re - Up 40 cheevo without reworking the experience curve and xp gain on versus ? And who the F*** had the ideia to add a 100,000 Kills (thats right: one hundred thousand) in versus cheevo ? Are you seriously TC ?

I was completely excited for this operation but I cant just take this, its a disrespect with achievements hunters! Don’t come to tell me this is a challenge cause there is no challenge, its just grind and grind and grind.

Pic if if you cant believe it before checking the list:

3 Likes

10gs for 25k that’s sad

Just play anyway. You’ll get there.
Why does it have to be a “grind?”

1 Like

Not surprised after the mess that is Gears of War 4. The original set of Gears of War 5 achievement was ok, now The Coalition is just back to their old and ignorant way.

1 Like

Just play anyway. You’ll get there.
Why does it have to be a “grind?”

What ? I’ll get there when ? 4 years from now ? After Gears 6 is already released ?
You gotta be kiddin,
It is a grind cause you cant get 100k versus kills just by “playing naturally”. Its just too much kills. Also you cant get to re up 40 without grinding XP or even abusing exploits, its just impossible naturally, espeacially playing versus.

2 Likes

Well because it is a grind. If it wasn’t, then you would have it fast.

1 Like

Feel free to act like it’s a full time job if you want to. Whatever floats your boat.

I knew from the start that TC wants to get money with boost, now with the re-up 40 achievement. Almost impossible if you don’t have boost.

They say about fixing the exp curve, but before that they released this stupid achievement. It’s the same with Gears POP!, they said in February about stop nerfing pins, they still nerfed on July…

It’s a shame, really. I liked old gears a lot, so I got max re-up on 2, 3 and UE. I was really bored getting to Re-up 12 or 14 on Gears 4, can’t remember. And now I’m only Re-up 20. TC is stretching the game only with painful, grindly achievements.

Still no Seriously part 2, so there will be at least another new batch of achievements someday. I just hope that they DON’T do an achievement about Gears Family… :grimacing: I had enough grinding with 4 more to get lvl 5

2 Likes

That kind of achievements are nasty, non healthy even for someone who plays a lot, this is insane, in my case I’m out, I won’t do these achievements.
Oh and my disappointment when I see JD unable to kill bosses with a maxed bleeding card, is annyoing, the connection issues, the bug that the game disables your equipped skill cards even if you’re sure you have equipped the cards, the trolls in online matches (I’m talking about Horde mainly, multiplayer is trash and I avoid It)
TC tries to motivate me not to play. Gears of War deserves a better Studio.

2 Likes