Gears Forums

Nerf the Lancer

95% of the fights are lancer only at incredibly CQC. Wanna get to the hill? Gotta go through 5 enemies lancering you down before you get a quarter of the way there. I’m not a veteran of this game, but I can already tell that the lancer is insanely OP especially if you hit the active reload. This is crazy. King of the Hill isn’t even king of the hill it’s just whichever team has more people lancing, trying to get kills.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

They removed the active buffs from the gnasher in this game, I feel that they should do the same for the lancer.

You get so many teams spamming active lancers and those campy games are very boring.

If they’re going for consistency, maybe they should do the full clip Vs half clip thing for the lancer that they do for the gnasher when you get an active.

1 Like

You’re problem is more so a map issues than a Lancer one, especially if you’re playing KOTH.

1 Like

Although I don’t think the lancer needs a nerf, I do agree that it was BS of them to remove active from the gnasher, and think it’s only fair that they do the same to its counterpart, the lancer.

1 Like

Nah, the map doesn’t really seem to have an effect on how much people lancer. Majority of the time it’s lancer all the time unless they ran outta ammo and don’t have time to revv up the chainsaw. Then it turns into a nice gnasher fight, active buff for the gnasher is the increased speed between shots I thought.

On its own, used by a single person, I feel the lancer is fine.

But have a full 5 man team spamming active reload lancers at you? The game just becomes a camp fest.

The equally boring meta is the snub pistol spammers using rapid fire controllers or macros to fire it ridiculously fast.

Mix and match those people with the lancer and it’s a miserable affair

1 Like

Well, I feel like if there was a few more walls/cover in certain places/corridors obstructing certain vantage points the Lancer wouldn’t be as strong.

I do think the lancer is slightly stronger CQC wise in this game. Mostly because movement isn’t all that great and adhesion and what not but the gnasher still wins in that scenario 90% of the time.

1 Like

Agreed.

Agreed again. However, I don’t think the weapon is the issue but more the type of people that play the game today, and the layout of the current new maps that are the issue.

2 Likes

It’s a mix of both for sure. The maps promoting that style of gameplay isn’t helping :unamused:

I do agree with you on both points there ghoul, 1 man, I have zero problem with that, but like you said it becomes a campfest and you get downed within milliseconds… Only map I find that doesn’t really suffer much from the lancer problem is Exhibit, and that’s because there’s a lot of cover to get into and avoid all that fire.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

At this point, people here would flag everything and their mothers, so there’s no point worrying. :yum:

No way, nerf the lancer any more and it’ll be useless. It’s an assault rifle and should be an effective weapon. Right now it feels to me like it’s only useful as a support weapon anyway, catch someone in the open and you can still empty a mag into them while they run across the map into cover without even downing them.

1 Like

Everything I post gets flagged by people who can’t do masters for multiplayer, horde and escape. Poor guys.

No, the Lancer is already nerfed. The only nerf I’d maybe consider would be removing active like the Gnasher.
Use cover, plan your advances better.
You had to do that in Gears 4, 5 is just more punishing with unplanned charges.

Gnasher not having active is fine, makes it more fair and demands better execution.

2 Likes

I agree, the damage buff should be dropped from the lancer.

However the new reload system with the gnasher makes it more realistic using the gun since it would be loaded shell by shell, instead of with a magazine (Like the lancer) It would be weird to load a half-full lancer mag because you missed the timing.

True, but TC have never cared about realism. They’ve clearly never used a shotgun in their lives, given the 83>99% debacle :thinking:

1 Like

Very true. As much as I like Gears, the shotgun has never behaved like a real life gun as far as range. Buckshot 12 Ga. is very lethal at 20 meters. PUBG comes to mind when I think about “realistic” shotguns, but the fights in that game cover hundreds of meters.

1 Like

You clearly don’t know what are you talking about…