Gears Forums

Needleshot Idea

storyandlore

(Buster McTunder) #1

Alright, here’s an idea…and please don’t confuse the Needleshot with Needler from Halo.

Imagine a new gun in Gears…a Swarm-based crossbow. The Needleshot, capable of firing through enemies and pinning their parts to walls, along with 3 firing types.

-Flame Needles: A needle type that functions like a fireable incid grenade.
-Ink Needles: Needle type that functions like a fireable ink grenade.
-Shock Needles: Needle type that functions like a fireable Shock grenade.

I know it sounds like a grenade launcher, but I think the crossbow/Needle Dynamic makes a more interesting weapon than a lobbed weapon like the Booshka.

Thoughts?

(TheDeuterostome) #2

I like the idea and concept of the weapon, but think the elements on the arrows is meh! I would rather just pin people to a wall with it.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #3

I’d LOVE to see elemental factors is Gears. Unfortunately, Gears 5 is surely already past the conceptual stages and is going through graphical refinements at this point.

The part I wouldn’t want is the pinning to walls. I don’t like the movement and pace being messed with.

(FMJ xXmodzXxX) #4

So just a crossbow? Original af

(sancris777) #5

An elemental cross bow reminds me of Bioshock

(Me0wMix CatFood) #6

Give reading a chance.

(Buster McTunder) #7

True, maybe something like the Drill gun from Bulletstorm?

(SchizoPsycho74) #8

So just add the “needles” to the Torque Bow.

(HayMaker304) #9

So the nail gun from quake? Lol

(GhostofDelta2) #10

Or the stake gun from Painkiller :wink:

(sancris777) #11

Or the javelin from Dead Space or at this rate the gun from that one game…

(Buster McTunder) #12

Yeah, I mean it’s not THAT original, but new as far as Gears. Ignoring the Crossbow from Judgement…

(Ektope) #13

I would imagine it looks like Tripwire Crossbow from Judgment.

(Pain and Regret) #14

So a Torque Bow but with added variants? I’ll pass, though it’s an interesting idea.

I would like to see the return of the Sawed Off shotgun, and the ability to pick hammerburst as a starting weapon. I think we should have more options to counter from the get go instead of having to place a weapon on the map (escalation) or find one on the map. The Sawed off was a very good counter for lag warriors, and so was the hammerburst at long range vs the lancer. I miss gears 3 :frowning: