My personal thoughts on the current balance of PvE

Just gonna post a quick summary of what I think of the current classes in PvE. Feel free to give feedback or just post your own, as I’m kinda just posting it here for the hell of it.

Also, my playtime in Escape is 11D 15H 59 M ---- Horde 13D 13H 46M - for reference of my experience in PvE. I also have all classes level 19 prety much (Except promos) and 8+ level 20.

Let’s get into it !!!

Assault :

Blademaster : Seems pretty solid with her venom blade at all times and tap stim. Pretty ok in horde and pretty ok in escape. Would say balanced.

Demolitions: Easily one of the most if not the most broken class in the game for Horde. Can ult and instantly get it back up along with active boomshots and just clear everything while having insane single target damage and crowd control. Has been a problem since day 1 of gears 5. Wonder when they will balance the class. Surprised I see so many people acting like the class is underpowered at all. Strip away his bleed card or boomshot damage and I’d say he’d be balanced (he has too much going for him, would require testing which is the best choice).

Infiltrator: Very strong class that is also versatile. Not sure if they patched things like ulting and sniping a blister off a swarmak for an instant kill but just very strong. This class has always been strong since launch, just a playstyle change. Maybe OP or close to it but depends if people understand how to play the class correctly.

Marksman: Very strong class, especially if combo’d with a veteran along with their ult. Versatile as they can also be equip to take down any boss due to cold finish card if they take that. Prob relatively balanced due to having to hit a headshot but veteran can make them OP. Would say they are “fine” based on observations, close to OP though or OP.

Nomad:: Pretty balanced and versatile character. Has been under the radar since launch. Extremely strong if combo’d with and also has a fail safe ult in bad situations. I personally love this class in escape due to chain execution due to his boltok stun. I’d say balanced.

Tank :

Anchor : Extremely strong class in both horde and Escape. Team Wide stim with his ult is insane along with potentially lasting an insane amount of time with ult kill duration. Good tank class. Would say balanced.

Brawler: Very strong on launch and still strong, just not as tanky. Has a scorcher or ballstics weapon playstyle but no one has really extensively tested a balastic build as far as I know so it’s mostly just about meleeing. Would say this class is extremely OP in escape still but prob balanced for horde.

Gunner: Very powerful class that can ult to support his team (immune damage) or just kill enemies like kestrals instantly due to his ult. Very strong to just wipe out enemies and in bad situations. Would say he’s pretty balanced as his weakness is the execution rules mutator. Maybe nerf his ult card a bit as it was balanced around old master horde HP I believe, when you would see millions of damage each round and not a 100-200k only.

Pilot: Extremely powerful class that can AoE stun normal enemies and tons of bosses alike. Typically a swarmak would be an issue but you can just stunlock it. Silverback with mulcher bleed + salvo for sustain/duration is just an insane combo. Doesn’t have a DBNO weakness due to cold finish. Also has a up to 50% damage perk that can also make your ult come up faster along with ult cooldown, allowing you to easily ult every wave if not ult 2 times a wave with dropshot spam inbetween. And to top it off, insane tankyness due to her stim card, which gives you stim in a pinch. Easily one of the strongest classes in the game, overpowered imo.

Veteran: Very powerful for clearing, iffy for bosses, although he can tank bosses very well with dug in and his ult stim card indefinitely a lot of the times (such as a snatcher trying to melee you). Although lacking in boss killing power, makes up for it with clearing trash units. I would say he’d be balanced if his ult wasn’t able to be given to other allies, but do that fact I’d say he’s OP. Feel like his allies should get another boost such as damage resistence or less recoil or just a bit more damage. Auto headshots for everyone, just is insanely hard to balance.

Support :

Combat Medic: Very strong support class that can pair very nicely with any mechanic or do very well if your team has no mechanic. Deals decent damage early on but turns into a full support stim giver later on. Very powerful if played right and fits that support feeling role. I’d say balanced.

Jack: Very powerful class that used to be the most busted character in the game due to healing through walls. With only a few seconds to do so now, he requires you to be more proactive. Maxing hijack cooldown is crucial as a max’d out jack can instantly kill waves with a claw/mulcher scion, even hammerburst does ok. Would say very powerful, but he is a support so he fits the role well. I’d say balanced.

Mechanic: Very good for a team to have. Shock trapper bleed is quite nice as you can take down a warden yourself with a level 4-6 card. Ult is just good to use in a bad situation. DB weapon damage is good too as his overkill and embar can deal a ton of damage and support the team with embar stun.Can also build insanely cheap fortifications. I’d say balanced.

Robotics Expert: Able to expand a base a ton by himself due to his precision healing card and also have the fastest locker reload time. His ult is a hit more miss, as the AI can be extremely stupid or good at times. And whether it’s good or bad, the DR1 has very little hp so if you use it and there is even 1 claw on the map focusing it, it’ll die in 2 seconds. I think I pref mechanic more just because mechanic has the better ult overall, as this ult just feels like a gamble. Yes, you can mark and focus a target, but sometimes the pathing is just ■■■■. Balanced, but I’d say he’s very clunky to use with his ult. I’m also not a fan of the whole gain benefits when ult is down and gain benefits with you ult type of cards, as they are very counter intuitive to eachother gameplay wise. You want people to use their ults, not to hold onto them, otherwise what’s the point of having ults?

Tactician: Extremely powerful. Can make your team tanky as hell and give everyone instant reload with actives. Along with this, can make his own and allies ults reduced quickly due to his mark card and also has bleed damage on explosives. Can spam GLs on bosses like the matriarch or spam active booms to instant clear waves. Kinda sad his golden mark card for % damage increase for allies is not good due to his other cards being better. Feel like they should move that card to combat medic instead, or just make a class entirely. Pretty busted class.

Promotional :

Architect: An actually alright engineer, as they have a green card that makes them able to engineer decently enough as well as an ok ult. Self stim that regains for survivability, and forts dealing more damage when above HP are really good cards to have. I’d say they are actually a solid engineer pickup despite the lack of card options. Balanced.

Protector: Lacking in card options again, they were the go to for escape before brawler came out. No venom needed for bleed access was huge. They have durability with their self stim and can use a shotgun for damage. Their ult is actually extremely powerful in both horde and escape. I’d say they are pretty balanced, although lacking in card options.

Slugger: A pick not used really ever, however still quite strong. They have a ton of CC and good damage/spam potential with grenades and good stopping power (not sure if only with gnasher/overkill or all weapons). Can also use a trishot/salvo well due to heavy ammo capacity. Playstyle is mostly just spam grenades and keep buying them, throwing 8 grenades for 80%+ damage (not sure the max card damage) and a 80%+ blast radius increase. Their ult is also quite powerful to stun lock bosses such as the matriarch, as 1 bullet can make the boss stop in it’s tracks. Huge CC potential. A solid choice for horde, just never picked. Balanced.

Striker: Not sure what to think of this one, as it’s a class I’ve yet to really practice and to see really. Breaker bleed can potentially be quite powerful but looks quite squishy. Maybe good but likely not? Probably underpowered.

t;dr

So yeah pretty much most OP/problematic classes are demolitions/infiltrator/marksman/Tactician/Pilot/Veteran. By problematic, it means that they have core mechanic issues that are hard to balance. Everything else is balanced or close enough to balanced. Only class underpowered tbh is striker likely.

2 Likes

Excellent write-up. I’d like to comment on some of your points.

Blademaster : Seems pretty solid with her venom blade at all times and tap stim. Pretty ok in horde and pretty ok in escape. Would say balanced.

Agreed, but I think it could use some more survaivability. I think the melee resistance is not enough, and I’m sure the devs left it at a measly 30% to not make the class invincible like Brawler used to be. when stacked with the other resistances. I think that most damage reistances should be around 50-60%, but they need to put a cap in place, maybe 90-95%.

Let’s be honest, damage resistance cards are almost never used because reducing the damage of a nuke by 30% doesn’t change the fact that it is a nuke.

Also, the ballistic damage restances need their range looked at. When I’m 5m meters from a grenadier, it’s still going to one shot me, card or not. 10m is pretty much mace range, so it doesn’t help me push. They should be brought up to 10m and 20m respectively.

Demolitions: Easily one of the most if not the most broken class in the game for Horde. Can ult and instantly get it back up along with active boomshots and just clear everything while having insane single target damage and crowd control. Has been a problem since day 1 of gears 5. Wonder when they will balance the class. Surprised I see so many people acting like the class is underpowered at all. Strip away his bleed card or boomshot damage and I’d say he’d be balanced (he has too much going for him, would require testing which is the best choice).

Agreed on this one. I think what needs to be looked at for this class is the GL, as it can be spammed too easily. Spotter Support and “Active Ultimate” need to be fixed as well.

I think the reason the capacity was taken away from this class was GL spammers. The way GLs and Lockers interact, doing the wrong move when balancing just means Demolitions players are just going to ask for more lockers.

Me and a friend were discussing how that could be balanced recently. We came up with two ideas: first one is having a cooldown between GL explosive uses, like a reload, but automatic. It would also need to “reload” when you pick one up, so you cant just put it back in a locker and pick it back up… Obviously would need visual tells that it is happening, or people would be confused. Second idea is a lock-on mechanic instead, like the Hammer of Dawn, so you have to wait a moment before shooting the explosive.

Like mentioned earlier, Spotter Support on your own makrs needs a fix, and the passive needs to actually make marks last longer, like it says.

For Perks, I think it is unnecesary to have Ult cooldown, as this class already gets its Ultimate really fast from damage dealt, speciallt on bosses.

Should the devs find a good balance for the GL, I say Explosive capacity needs to go back to the class, mostly due to Demolitions and Tactician not being different eough at the moment.

Infiltrator: Very strong class that is also versatile. Not sure if they patched things like ulting and sniping a blister off a swarmak for an instant kill but just very strong. This class has always been strong since launch, just a playstyle change. Maybe OP or close to it but depends if people understand how to play the class correctly.

Again, agreed. I am not a fan of the cloak-shot’s power, TBH. 10x damage with a Longshot is far more than a Marksman can do. I think the passive needs to be looked at so it only applies to shotguns, or does less damage overall. I have also heard several Overkill shots benefit from the cloak damage boost. That needs to be addressed as well.

An idea that has been running around as of late, is to cut down the cloak-shot damage to 5x, but bring up the bleed range to 10m to balance out Gnasher vs Overkill playstyle. I was also thinking of how the class would go if the cloak in cover card from Gears 4 returned. Obiously, would need some balancing to make it work within the new sandbox. I wouldn’t want someone cloak-AFK the whole match.

As for the Swarmak, since for some reason they made it so the damage of what destroys a blister is what determines the amount of damage the Swarmak takes, that’s why Infiltrator can go around one-shotting them. The blister damage needs to be fixed.

Marksman: Very strong class, especially if combo’d with a veteran along with their ult. Versatile as they can also be equip to take down any boss due to cold finish card if they take that. Prob relatively balanced due to having to hit a headshot but veteran can make them OP. Would say they are “fine” based on observations, close to OP though or OP.

Agreed, again, on this point. Needing good aim is what makes it balanced. I think, however, that the Ult perk needs to go. The class gets the Ult fast enough as it is.

Nomad:: Pretty balanced and versatile character. Has been under the radar since launch. Extremely strong if combo’d with and also has a fail safe ult in bad situations. I personally love this class in escape due to chain execution due to his boltok stun. I’d say balanced.

Agreed. The only things that need to be adressed for this class, IMO, are the lancers and thier bugs. Chainsaw going into reload if you are shot, and the retro charge hit detection .

I personally play with Markza build, so I haven’t had that much experience with execution build, but seeing a friend of mine who plays Nomad a lot, those two issues get him killed too often.

Anchor : Extremely strong class in both horde and Escape. Team Wide stim with his ult is insane along with potentially lasting an insane amount of time with ult kill duration. Good tank class. Would say balanced.

Nothing to add here. I think Anchor is perfect.

Brawler: Very strong on launch and still strong, just not as tanky. Has a scorcher or ballstics weapon playstyle but no one has really extensively tested a balastic build as far as I know so it’s mostly just about meleeing. Would say this class is extremely OP in escape still but prob balanced for horde.

I play ranged Brawler (that sounds like a contradiction). I like having a GL, as it has high rate of fire and the status effect procs almost instantly with it. Execution Rules are a problem for this build, and that’s what the GL’s alt fire is for. As long as there is a flaming drone in the ground and I make it explode, all his friends around him die. Also, consider having an EMBAR with you, as it bypasses that modifier too. Boomshots work as well, as anything caught in the explosion can proc fire.

TIP: Enemies attacking a lvl4 fence explode if you kill them, so if you want to go with ranged build for Brawler, ask your engineer to build you one of those for your lane.

Gunner: Very powerful class that can ult to support his team (immune damage) or just kill enemies like kestrals instantly due to his ult. Very strong to just wipe out enemies and in bad situations. Would say he’s pretty balanced as his weakness is the execution rules mutator. Maybe nerf his ult card a bit as it was balanced around old master horde HP I believe, when you would see millions of damage each round and not a 100-200k only.

I don’t have much to add for this class. I think Gunner is in a good spot.

Pilot: Extremely powerful class that can AoE stun normal enemies and tons of bosses alike. Typically a swarmak would be an issue but you can just stunlock it. Silverback with mulcher bleed + salvo for sustain/duration is just an insane combo. Doesn’t have a DBNO weakness due to cold finish. Also has a up to 50% damage perk that can also make your ult come up faster along with ult cooldown, allowing you to easily ult every wave if not ult 2 times a wave with dropshot spam inbetween. Easily one of the strongest classes in the game, overpowered imo.

I play Pilot quite a bit. I agree that it is too strong, for two reasons: Damage perk, and Ultimate Cooldown Perk.

When you combine those two perks and The Hammer, you get your Ultimate way too fast. Cooldown should go, in my opinion. Not sure about damage. Is it really necessary to buff the Pilot’s Dropshot even further? My Hammer is only at lvl4 and all Drone-types die in one hit in the last ten waves of horde.

Veteran: Very powerful for clearing, iffy for bosses, although he can tank bosses very well with dug in and his ult stim card indefinitely a lot of the times (such as a snatcher trying to melee you). Although lacking in boss killing power, makes up for it with clearing trash units. I would say he’d be balanced if his ult wasn’t able to be given to other allies, but do that fact I’d say he’s OP. Feel like his allies should get another boost such as damage resistence or less recoil or just a bit more damage. Auto headshots for everyone, just is insanely hard to balance.

On the fence about this one. Marcus was so cheesy last operation, I pretty much stopped playing this class, and haven’t played much as Veteran in OP5 either.Always found the over-reliance on the Ult too mediocre. I would have preferred a team damage boost instead of aimbot, TBH.

Combat Medic: Very strong support class that can pair very nicely with any mechanic or do very well if your team has no mechanic. Deals decent damage early on but turns into a full support stim giver later on. Very powerful if played right and fits that support feeling role. I’d say balanced.

Agreed. I feel like Medic is underrated. My way-to-go for this class is with one or two GLs, as they are more accurate than the other Lancers, and the Lancer card boosts the explosive too. I can hold a lane by myself with this class, as it is surprisingly tanky with the damage resistance cards, Stim and Healing Bounty. The Stim feels just right with the latest buff.

Jack: Very powerful class that used to be the most busted character in the game due to healing through walls. With only a few seconds to do so now, he requires you to be more proactive. Maxing hijack cooldown is crucial as a max’d out jack can instantly kill waves with a claw/mulcher scion, even hammerburst does ok. Would say very powerful, but he is a support so he fits the role well. I’d say balanced.

Jack was my most played character for a long time. Even though I haven’t played him much for a long time, he is still in my most played classes just becauase of how much I played as Jack when the game came out. I always like having a Jack on the team, and I think it is great that it can be both a great support asset for the team, and powerful offensive class.

Mechanic: Very good for a team to have. Shock trapper bleed is quite nice as you can take down a warden yourself with a level 4-6 card. Ult is just good to use in a bad situation. DB weapon damage is good too as his overkill and embar can deal a ton of damage and support the team with embar stun.Can also build insanely cheap fortifications. I’d say balanced.

Also loving the Tracker bleed card. I just wish they would add one or two more cards, so I don’t have to bring the useless Long Range Resistance card to Escape.

That Enforcer card + DB weapon damage is insanely good. Been using it on hives that have Enforcers early on, such as Gauntlet, and have found that it makes some encounters really easy. Scions die in less than a mag on Master. That’s right! Less than a mag from the seemingly pitiful Enforcer.

Robotics Expert: Able to expand a base a ton by himself due to his precision healing card and also have the fastest locker reload time. His ult is a hit more miss, as the AI can be extremely stupid or good at times. And whether it’s good or bad, the DR1 has very little hp so if you use it and there is even 1 claw on the map focusing it, it’ll die in 2 seconds. I think I pref mechanic more just because mechanic has the better ult overall, as this ult just feels like a gamble. Balanced, but I’d say he’s very clunky to use with his ult. I’m also not a fan of the whole gain benefits when ult is down and gain benefits with your ult type of cards, as they are very counter intuitive to eachother gameplay wise. You want people to use their ults, not to hold onto them, otherwise what’s the point of having ults?

Agreed on the DR-1 being silly. The buffs they gave to it are great, but if the thing doesn’t know if it wants to attack or walk, then they don’t matter. As for the health, Team healing/resistances affect the DR-1 too, so if you have a Medic spotting targets for it, or Jack healing it, it can last longer. I know this because you used to be able to see its health on Tac-con before OP5.

Personally, I think this class is underrated for Escape. Maps with Lockers and any DB weapons are the best for it, but I have never ran into anyone except me using this class in Escape.

Tactician: Extremely powerful. Can make your team tanky as hell and give everyone instant reload with actives. Along with this, can make his own and allies ults reduced quickly due to his mark card and also has bleed damage on explosives. Can spam GLs on bosses like the matriarch or spam active booms to instant clear waves. Kinda sad his golden mark card for % damage increase for allies is not good due to his other cards being better. Feel like they should move that card to combat medic instead, or just make a class entirely. Pretty busted class.

I have been a Keegan/Tactician main since day 1. Last I checked, the reload bypass wasn’t working for team mates, so I’ll have to check again.

I think Tactician and Demolitions have conflicting roles, and need to be differentiated better.

Tactician is overpowered, in my opinion, due to the Explosive Resupply card/perk. They buffed the card a while back and that was completely unnecessary. They should tone it down again, and rebalance the perk a bit too.

I like the new gold, but I wouldn’t mind if it gave a bit of a bigger boost. Could be OP paired with Interrogation, though.

P.S. on explosives. They should shake teammates’ screens. That stuff is aggravating when I want to play Marksman or Nomad.

Promotional

I made a huge post about the promos some time ago, so I think I’ll just link to that.

PVE Feedback | Promotional Classes - Gears 5 - Gears Forums (gearsofwar.com)

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to make this post. PVE balance isn’t discussed often enough.

5 Likes

They need to take a look at the spongey enemies
People wouldn’t play demo/tactician as often if the enemies didn’t absorb a gazillion bullets.

Nerfing the “problematic (((fun))) classes” means less playstyle/gameplay variety and less peeps playing

2 Likes

While lacking some cards, I still say Kat has a more than ok ult, and by far the best ult of the engineers.

I’d prefer if they buff some weapons instead. The Chainsaw Lancer, for example. The spread and damage drop-off make it awful.

Balance in Escape feels just right, so do the first ten waves of Horde. The poisons ruin it for me. It’s just artificial difficulty.

As for “fun” classes. Fun for whoever is using the class, that is. Have you ever played a match where you just can’t get kills because you are not nuking everything with GL? Might as well just not play at all.

I don’t like when something is just nerfed either. Reworks and rebalances where an area of a class is toned down, while bringing up others is what needs to be done. (Neither OP or I were asking for just plain nerfs in our posts).

4 Likes

Preaching to the choir on that one, it feels like they used the PvP tunings for PvE

Idk, it seemed like OP was implying that the “problematic” classes need to be nerfed. I remember the “nerf JD” crowd.

2 Likes

the classes are fun for the user, but they get rid of fun for other players. They talk about it on stream a lot, where someone might be having a ton of fun, but it ends up being “well why am i even here” for other players/classes. The fact you can also stack demo adds onto the problem, as the game isn’t limited to just 1 demo. This is based on only having 1 demo in the game.

Had a game with a demo/tactician in the game with bosses dying in 5-10 seconds and being stun locked. Yeah was pretty boring. Fun for those people though. When things are not a challenge, people stop playing and games die. You think the opposite though where make everything OP and everyone will have fun. No, that is when the game gets stale and boring, as without a challenge there is nothing to strive/improve towards besides clear speed.

Enemies aren’t even spongy for other classes. With proper damage cards/perks you can shred enemies along with ult usage. Fortifications such as turrets/barriers exist as well for damage. It isn’t all about “my lancer isnt killing a scion in 3 seconds please buff”.

Also, yes, I am heavily suggesting to nerf these classes. The damage/tankyness and gameplay mechanics that are hard to balance are very problematic. The other classes feel underpowered simply because these classes are miles above them. The solution isn’t to make everything OP, then the game is just boring and there is no challenge.

1 Like

The game is already in a pretty dead state. Sometimes there is one page of custom matches for horde or escape. Stop telling to nerf classes. There will be no one playing the game. Not everyone that plays this game is a god.

6 Likes

Maybe because there are tons of games with 5/5 players already that are full that you cannot see. I see plenty of pages of horde/escape everyday, and again, that isn’t counting the full lobbies you cannot see.

Saying to not change/nerf things because low player base is a very bad argument. These changes would actually help the game overall, albeit slightly, as it would lead to a funner experience.

Not sure why you would be “pissed” about nerfs, soldier. The only people mad are those who know something is OP but want to continue to abuse them.

1 Like

Agree with you, I’m already pissed off that nerfs and those who ask for them.
Those annoying asking such things: “ya dejen de estar de mamadores, cómo cagan”.

2 Likes

Still doesn’t mean that nerfin* classes will do anything but kill the player base further. I still see people that don’t even know to boomshot the bastion shields. I’m glad that I almost have my classes maxed because this nerf crowd will soon kill the game

3 Likes

Maybe, would need to test it more as I mostly played the class in escape. If it draws aggro no matter what then yeah prob pretty good. I just like shock trappers a lot as they kill things along with the kit of the mechanic (skill cards).

Let people have fun and if u want more of a challenge just don’t use his bleed card or boomshot. So simple but instead you guys want to ruin the fun for the average gamer

4 Likes

An easily solution for most of that would be just to make or join one of those non demo/tact custom games.
As I said before, it’s the enemies that need looking at.TC should give the enemies interesting gameplay mechanics instead of making them complete bullet sponges, something like the Armored Kantus.

Imo, the saving grace of Horde is that an average person doesn’t have to be some uber mlg player to enjoy it

1 Like

Blade master used to be a lot better but I think they nerf’d the blood card (idk about that) but one thing that hurt her a lot was the venom resistence. Used to be able to have 60% venom resistence now it’s 30-32%. She also has a problem where she needs a ton of cards to function and you have to choose a playstyle. Even 1 more card slot would do her wonders. And yeah the meter resistence cards are kinda w/e in my experience. She’s mostly an ult girl to save supplies or take care of a tough crowd.

Idk why people talk about the GL a lot about the demolitions class tbh. It’s only good if you have a tactician, and a tactician can do the same thing. Boomshot is a bigger AoE than GL and a lot more consistent damage. GL only shnies with tactician ult. They took away GL capacity yet you can still do it with tactician, so pretty funny tbh.

The thing is requiring more lockers is fine for the most part as you have to consider the time it takes to swap weapons for a GL. They have to walk to a locker, put a GL back, take a GL out, then go back into cover and aim. During this process, they are potentially vulnerable to enemy fire. Tactician is OP for this reason as they can constantly barrage with 0 breaks, so their DPS is insane, along with being an absolute tank with healing module. DPS is important to consider, not just overtime DPS through lockers.

Tbh I think bleed cards are a mistake in general. That, or just nerf it a ton. Legit, make a level 6 bleed deal 5-10% damage and it’d still be good. They just have too much going for them. Bigger fan of just removing it. This class has everything going for it.

In my experience marks do last longer, so idk. I never had an issue with the marks. Only that sometimes you mark weapons which is annoying.

Ult cooldown is extremely strong and cheap. His ult contributes to DPS which is cruicial for speed clearing and DPSing bosses. I max this out everytime I play Demo and it’s insane.

So yeah again I don’t use GL on demo, only tactician. GL isn’t the weapon of choice for demo anymore, boomshot is.

Yeah the ult perk on marskman is insane. Whole wave can just clear easily and pretty much instant with a veteran. Part of why I said these classes are problematic due to their synergy and low skill requirement with their ults combined.

Yeah the chainsaw bug is extremely annoying. Idk how it isnt fix’d yet. And yeah I think markza build is better for horde and execution for escape, at least thats how ive been playing him.

Yeah pilot is op and tbh I forgot about her tankyness via stim. Just a super safe class. She’s a tank, yet deals way too much damage, at least too often.

Oh didn’t know the lancer card works with the GL explosives. thats pretty cool. I’ll prob try that out.

What resistences would apply to the DR1 exactly? Tactician healing module? The tap resistence card you can use? Curious. And yeah healing with jack is cool, same with silverback. I wonder what maps you use the class on escape. I used to just do the clock lol. Never seriously tried him anywhere else tbh.

Tbh with tactician when you ult, you spam the GL, not the boom. The reload would mostly benefit other characters or a demolitions. If it doesn’t apply to applies then idk. Sounds weird if it doesn’t work for allies. I never asked them if it did, lol.

TC has talked about tacticain and was calling him the spotter role. he is under support. Yet he is a powerhouse. Why? Because he has a bleed card, lol. Get rid of the bleed card and he’d be a support.

Yeah I don’t know why they buff’d the explosive perk. I think they nerf’d it and then buffed it again, I forget. Tactician has been my go to since day 1 of gears 5 as well for escape. And yeah gl spam is annoying when playing precision classes lol.

ty for your feedback/input

1 Like

Are they going to add more cards to the promotional classes or those are done?

Not picking the class doesn’t address the class being OP. Expect nerfs to these classes soon, buddy. Having a game where I have to put “no demo/tactician/etc” isnt a solution - or kicking people joining as those classes. I can care less what they pick, I just care about balance. Every PvE game has a balance team, so idk why you are acting like because it’s gears it means make everything OP 0 skill/0 challenge. Likely just plays these broken classes all day everyday and is selfish.

@sibarraz idk maybe. they didnt really confirm anything. prob not, lol.

Pretty sure Healing Module does, not sure about tap resistance, as I can’t see the DR-1 health anymore, but I would guess that one doesn’t apply. Any team damage resistance from Gunner applies too.

I like using RE in The Descent, The Link and The Line. All of these have lockers and many DB weapons. A lot of people don’t know that Experimental Weapons gives an Active boost to DB weapons, so you get more damage outside of shooting enemies with less than 50% health.

I hope so. I made a post with a lot of ideas some time ago (linked in a previous reply here). Don’t think much of it would make it to the game, though, but you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take,

1 Like

an active boost? it boosts the active damage of DB weapons? by how much? I didnt know. I thought it was just more damage when the target is half hp.

20%. Tested it when it was at lvl4, and haven’t tested since, so IDK if it scales up with the card level.

Best way to tell the difference is to shoot an EMBAR as any class and take note of the damage, then switch RE and look at the numbers on a full-health enemy.