Gears Forums

My last thread on this subject ー Why do you turn crossplay off (Poll inside)

versus

(WD Hawkeye) #101

M&K has overall better accuracy than controller. Granted I’ve never played Gears 4 on PC so I don’t know how much 3rd person differs from first person in terms of accuracy. Because my laptop is a toaster that can barely run games from 2005.

(III EnVii III) #102

Depends on the person using it.

You don’t automatically get better aim using M&K.

(WD Hawkeye) #103

Well of course there’s a skill gap. I’m not saying that just because you have K&M you’re automatically going to beat someone with a controller. But if you put two people of similar skill levels against eachother, one using a K&M and the other using a controller, odds are that the K&M player will come out on top.

(III EnVii III) #104

And this is absolutely not true.

The odds do not go in the favour of the M&K player if they are similar skill, it’s then even odds.

I don’t know how you can claim this in Gears.

Method of input doesn’t matter, it’s the skill and game IQ that’s important.

(mizzelphug) #105

FTFY

(III EnVii III) #106

See, if I’m on my local server it’s all good - I be at 5 ping.

Any other server and it is a genuine lottery.

(WD Hawkeye) #107

Like I mentioned, I’ve never played gears on PC so I don’t know how it feels with M&K. But I do know there’s an accuracy advantage in FPS games on PC. So please explain why M&K and controller are on even playing fields. Is there no accuracy advantage with M&K vs. Controller on gears?

(Omen LP) #108

I donno, the few times I got destroyed by good PC players no one ever trash talked or tea bagged (in one case, in fact, they were very nice, msging back and forth through chat).

I see trashy msgs and humping/etc from xbox players, especially ones from the south, all the time…

My opinion and position on crossplay has changed a bit over time, the worry of trash talking PC players isn’t really a worry/consideration for me at all…

(III EnVii III) #109

No, no advantage on Gears.

I’ve already explained it’s just as much about movement as is it accuracy…

(WD Hawkeye) #110

I think you’re experiencing heavy confirmation bias. Choosing to focus on the times PC players were rude over when they were nice or neutral. People are toxic on every platform. It’s everything to do with the individual and nothing to do with their preferred platform. I’m not saying you’re lying by any means, but I assume you would see a lot more trash talk on the xbox side if the controller keyboards came standard with the system.

(WD Hawkeye) #111

And I agree with you. But if M&K is overall more accurate (even if it’s slightly more accurate) there’s an inherent advantage. That’s all I’m saying.

(III EnVii III) #112

Which is offset as I believe Controller provides better movement ability.

It is just harder to be an overall good M&K player than it is to be a controller player.

The fact that many PC players choose Controller tells you something.

(Stoic Slab) #113

It’s official: Halo MCC is coming to PC…and Steam?

Suddenly, Gears on Steam doesn’t seem that farfetched.

(III EnVii III) #114

I hope so, maybe then more than 8 people might play it on PC …

(hiivasieni) #115

hows it would be to cross-play pc(steam) against xbox(microsoft store), there could be alot of problems with it. I play steam games alot but still that aint so stable with mp,either i have played only minecraft trought microsoft store on pc. so dont know how reliable that one is.

@III_EnVii_III youre right about that controller is way better in movement. many games wich has turned to pc from consoles is painless to move around with k&m compared to controller.

(EnglishBean86) #116

Always had cross play on until about 2 months ago when I was forced to turn it off due to constantly coming up against the same clan of hackers constantly.

Hacker 1 would have a new account and in their profile it would say they just added a friend. The new day I would get matched with the friend the 1st one added and guess what, they would have aim bot. same thing 7 days in a row. Cross Play now off for good. Sorry genuine PC players.

For those thinking I’m just trash, how many profiles have you seen that have diamond 5 rank and not even re-upped once? I’ve seen a lot.

(TGLT Clutch) #117

Microsoft store version and steam are 99% of being able to play with each other. Microsoft is the publisher and wanted to be able to play against steam since infinite warfare but back then activision didn’t want. Now it’s microsoft on both so nothing to worry about there.

Steam vs windows store will work , but will it be xbox one crossplay is my question

(TGLT Clutch) #118

if TC added a good anti cheat, would you turn it back on?

(hiivasieni) #119

ok, never tought that much about steam. (maybe is should play something else than css tough) it seems that esport games are going to pc anyway. if they dont keep xbox version on update i just stop playing it and play something else.

(Stoic Slab) #120

I would say…probably, assuming if there aren’t any technical limitations.

Even so, with how much Microsoft has championed “cross-play” the last few years, it would be a bad look on them if this isn’t the case.